Forums

Jeans acceptable on the course or Not??

• 4775 points

The semi-private club where I play does not allow them anywhere on the property, nor would I ever be associated with any club that did.  100% unacceptable, a complete dis-respect to the traditions of the game.

•  

I don't evr play in jeans or any type of denim. But it doesn't bother me if others do it. 

But I will not play in a group with golf sandals. lol

•  

Wow did this topic strike a nerve in you!! Better results here than in my last post regarding whether or not FJ would embroider our own apparel with the Ambassador logo.

Hate to say I let alot of you down this weekend, but I was in jeans (I'm so ashamed!!!)

•  

In respect to the traditions of golf, wearing shorts is rather nontraditional. Loaded with common sense but not very traditional. But that said tradition is a very nebulous word. New traditions, old traditions, even traditions which don't even exist.

One of the companies I helped start quite a few years back had a birthday cake for one of the secretaries. One of the partners very sincerely told her it was our tradition to have a birthday cake for every employee. We had only been opened a month.

Clothing like language continues to evolve. Strict office attire has changed to business casual, and now to a textile free for all. People used to wear ties to play golf. In college in the 60's you didn't wear shorts to class. I don't think there was a rule every one was too busy "tie dying" jeans. Everything changes just be prepared to change too. Because if Bill Gates buys your club and walks out to the first tee wearing jeans guess what?

•  

19hole

eagle3

NO. NEVER. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

That is just my opinion. I would  rather see shorts.

I couldn't agree more....enough said.

I'm going to agree with the guys here. Jeans on the course is just something I can't support.

•  

Mondo

Wow did this topic strike a nerve in you!! Better results here than in my last post regarding whether or not FJ would embroider our own apparel with the Ambassador logo.

Hate to say I let alot of you down this weekend, but I was in jeans (I'm so ashamed!!!)

In the words of Judge Smails, "You sir are no gentleman".

•  

I dont like to see it at all and when I do, I think what would Ben Hogan say to them!

•  

It seems like everyone here in Texas wears them...unless the course specifically says no.  I don't think that jeans are acceptable for the golf course and I have taught my daughters (they are beginners) the same as well.  Wear shorts or slacks.

• 3467 points

no jeans here either. I like golf shorts or pants.  I love the performance fabrics because they are lighter and breathe better and flow. Just more comfortable. If it is crummy out then i put on the rain pants.

•  

Mondo

Mondo, Mondo, Mondo -- were you drinking Mike's Hard Lemonade, too? :-) 

I don't wear jeans to play golf -- I don't see them as being more comfortable than golf pants, which is what the jeans-wearers claim.

•  

Never.  Why would you?

There's several things you shouldn't wear jeans for.  My top 3 are golfing, swimming, and skiing.

•  

Mondo

Admission is the first step to recovery.

•  

For the same price of jean, its just as easy to buy a pair of Dockers!

• 3852 points

curious how strongly negative the feelings are about jeans on the golf course and yet sticking something cancerous into one's mouth and filling the air with a foul smell is viewed as very compatible with being a "man" on the golf course.

•  

WE wore jeans at the Texas A&M course in college. If the course allows it, then who am I to say different. However, you will never see me wearing them to play golf. It doesn't take more money to dress decently.