Forums

What would you ask Stan Utley? Here's your chance...

• 415 points

Hi, I'm the host of the GOLF SMARTER Podcast <http://GolfSmarter.com>, which according to iTunes, Google and Yahoo is the #1 golf podcast. Each week I talk to PGA Professionals about how we can enjoy the game more by getting tips, drills advice and insights on how to improve our strategy, mental game and course management skills. Our goal is to help the recreational golfer lower their scores by becoming a smarter golfer. The listener comments in iTunes prove that we've helped a lot.

Next Thursday, 10/29, I'm scheduled to interview Stan Utley about his new book "The Art of Scoring" and his teaching philosophies. Do you have anything you'd like to know from him? Please send me your question by clicking on the "Hey Fred" button at http://GolfSmarter.com, or leave a message on our toll free Google Voice line at 415-448-6788.

Stay tuned!

Fred Greene

•  

Ask him about what  type of grips that the recreational golfer should use or look for when regripping his clubs.

•  

hey pretty sweet job buy no q's right now

•  

Ask him how to make consistent contact with chips?  What adjustments do you have to make when the ground is softer (bounce on club or ball position)?

•  

I would ask him: "Hey Stan, you do great work with the pros, but is it reasonable to think amateurs who play 1-3 times a week, and don't practice their putting every day, can putt well with your open toe / close toe technique?"

Plain physics tell me that I'll sink more putts with the straight back / straight through technique.

I heard that Tiger's advice to Sean O'Hair was to "hit a high draw" with his putter to sink more putts!

Thanks!

•  

eagle3

Ask him about what  type of grips that the recreational golfer should use or look for when regripping his clubs.

I checked the site out and I don't think I'll join in. It is not what I am looking for.

•  

I appreciate the offer but am not interested at this time.