Forums

Bout to but a new 3W any recomendations?

•  

i have finally saved enough money to buy a new 3W. Any suggestions on wat to buy or test

•  

I'm currently gaming the Cobra S9-1 F 15* fairway and love it. I also have a Titleist 906F2 in my Florida bag and love that wood as well.  I recommend either of those options.

Obviously your best bet is to take a couple of options out to a range and hit some shots off a tee and off the turf (not a mat if possible).

•  

Give them all a try. Most courses have some brands  of trial woods and irons that you can test. I did before I bought my driver and one of my former palying buddies did before he bought his iron set. And what md7716 suggested are also good products. It all comes down to what you like best.

•  

I have the 906F2 in the bag, after getting the 909 and giving it a try, it wouldn't edge out my 906 so I left it in the bag.  It's a fantastic club and highly recommeded. 

Either way, make sure you get fit before you buy it!

•  

I'm a fan of the 900 series, but you will have to find the shaft combination that works best for you. Make sure to test as many as you can.

•  

I would find a very good club fitter and have him/her set you up with the correct club. I would look at the 909F2 series and work on getting the correct shaft.

Good Luck....

•  

906F2 in my bag.

•  

I'm going to go against the grain here and rcommend the Taylormade R9, very hitable for all skill levels, but I agree with the rest of the guys, get a bunch and take them to the range to try, its all about what fits you best.

•  

Kick my friend... you have gotten great advice here. Here's mine.

Go get fit and make sure you get the right shaft! That is the key. I have used the Titleist 906 and liked it, but currently have a TM in my bag because I hit it farther and more reliably. Go find someone that can take swing speeds and stuff and get matched up... you won't be disappointed.

I'm not a golf pro, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

•  

Tar Heel,

You are absolutly correct, Get fitted properly before you spend your money.

I am a golf pro and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

•  

Thanks for the info and i like tar heels holiday inn express phrase

•  

19hole

I would find a very good club fitter and have him/her set you up with the correct club. I would look at the 909F2 series and work on getting the correct shaft.

Good Luck....

Couldn't agree more

•  

Those are some pretty funny commercials. 

•  

I agree with the fitting idea.  I went in with idea TM or Calloway woods, but ended up with Mizuno.  I would have never thought about Mizuno for woods, but that is the club that gave best results.  I now have both 3W and 5W by Mizuno.  F-50 5W and F-60 3W.  You never know what will work for your game until you hit the clubs.

•  

I've been playing the Nike Sasquatch for about 3 years.  I love it, But I'm getting ready to switch everything over to Titleist