Forums

Big Break Disney Golf

•  

EMKelly0106

Ahhhh, finals week and I have not watched any TV!  Haven't seen the BB episode but clearly, coming into this thread a knew I would find out who won.  Looking forward to seeing the episode and the magic from Mike.

The only magic you'll see from Mike is his bad language and temper tantrums.

•  

Why yes, I did play hockey, but the discussion is on golf....

Throwing a club and swearing in golf (a gentlemans game) is not good. In hockey, it's OK to smash someone and hit them with your stick. And if you're  not swearing, then someone will punch you.

I would never confuse hockey rules and golf rules.

•  

Wow, I didn't think he could be that bad... probably remind me of Blake.  I look forward to seeing the program as I am just finishing finals this evening!  FINALLY, no school for about a month!  YES

•  

EMKelly0106

Wow, I didn't think he could be that bad... probably remind me of Blake.  I look forward to seeing the program as I am just finishing finals this evening!  FINALLY, no school for about a month!  YES

With finals over it sounds like you need to "pull an eric" tnight my friend! BB can wait.

•  

Tar Heel

Why yes, I did play hockey, but the discussion is on golf....

Throwing a club and swearing in golf (a gentlemans game) is not good. In hockey, it's OK to smash someone and hit them with your stick. And if you're  not swearing, then someone will punch you.

I would never confuse hockey rules and golf rules.

LOL so you never put foil under your golf glove?

•  

Oh Lord, EMKelly has no school for a month and it's too cold in Nebraska for him to play golf. I bet the FJ server will crash under the weight of his posts!  :~)

•  

Hopefully Kelly won't have the time on his hands that he has at work. Otherwise, if he gets going over the next 30 days, he'll hit the 100,000 goal and that is something not even the Staff thought would be  possible in this short of time. In fact, his score now probably is beginning to worry them. What do they award to accomplish that goal?

•  

LOL, shaun, I think I will certainly be "pulling an Eric" tonight, time to relax and have some much needed fun.

Hopefully the servers can keep up with me but I have a week off of work starting wednesday through monday Jan 4 so I may not be on as often, break from work AND school means the ultimate vacation.

•  

EMKelly0106

LOL, shaun, I think I will certainly be "pulling an Eric" tonight, time to relax and have some much needed fun.

Hopefully the servers can keep up with me but I have a week off of work starting wednesday through monday Jan 4 so I may not be on as often, break from work AND school means the ultimate vacation.

Sounds like you would have plenty of time for a little southern roadt trip for some golf my friend, thinking about 6 hours south should get you in some playable weather.

•  

First things first...boy am I glad this show is over---I was very disppointed in Mike's win (I think Tony is truly a better player)--Erdman should have never made it that far.

As for the rest of the comments in the last couple of days...yes Mike showed poor sportsmanship and will never ever cut it on the tour -- those players mental makeup is so much above Mikes.

Hey Tar Heel -- been refereeing hockey for over 25 yrs...I don't remember in the rules where you could club another player with your stick and it's OK -- not sure when you may have played -- you could be aging yourself as to when this might have been OK in hockey

There, I feel better getting caught up on some of the past conversations I've been missing out on as I try to prepare for year end at work.

One last thing...please don't blow up the server Eric --

•  

Mondo... did I say club them, or hit them? "back in the day" when I played, it was pre face shields and head hunting..... There were 2 times when I had someone break a stick over me (the sticks were wooden then, not composite), once over my helmeted head. Knocked me out for about 10 minutes. My next shift I kicked that dude's A#@.... But you could work a guy over pretty good then without getting a penalty. And it wasn't goonish then, because players respected "the face and head areas." When someone did take a big swing, as I mentioned, there was a substantial suspension.

Ah yes, the good old days! For the first couple years I played golf I was waiting for someone to check me while I was teeing up a shot. So quiet, serene, and peaceful. Not the environment from a hockey rink, as you know.

•  

It's definitely something I am considering Shaun.  I really need to get out and actually play instead of just hitting balls and working on my putting stroke. 

Does Oklahoma have warm enough weather this time of year for golfing?

•  

Wouldn't that be something Tar Heel?  You peg it on the first tee and as you complete the backswing you get side checked... ouch.

•  

Tarheel, but did you ever "foil up"

Mondo I was thinking with the right glasses, longer hair, and a shave he could be Dave

•  

Holley... Back in my "playing days" I did have long hair, and 2 brothers. We were, in fact, called "Hansen's" by people because we were known to mix it up a bit.

But I never "foiled up" in my life.