Forums

Off Season Training & Practice

•  

As winter seems to be quickly decending on us up north, I was wondering what the community does as far as "off season" training and practice?

•  

cwaybright

As winter seems to be quickly decending on us up north, I was wondering what the community does as far as "off season" training and practice?

My off seson is down in the warmer climes. We are retired and go to Texas for the winter. Tough to take, but the golf there is fine aI keep in shape that way. Used to putt and practice in the basement  on my swing tempo. Had ten foot ceilings so I could do it,

•  

I generally try to take a bit of time off, maybe a month or two than look to hitting balls in a dome (usually my wedges / shorter irons).  As far as weight training or anything like that I will wait till around February to start stretching while continuing to hit.

•  

I up my work out schedule and work on my flexibility.  I practice at least 5 days a week at my club, either hitting balls from heated bays, chipping, or putting on the practice green (all indoors, thank goodness).  Other than that, I just try to stay fresh take some lessons and get ready for tournament time.

•  

Lift and do agility exercises. 

I run with my family as much as I can

•  

this off season i plan on putting practice in the living room, maybe a trip to the dome and tiger woods 2008 in the easy chair.  but if weather allows here in michigan on new years day or any other day i'm off work this winter, you'll find me on a course.

•  

During this off season, I'll be at an indoor dome or a heated bay at the driving range, getting lots of practice. Maybe even a lesson or two.