Forums

perfect for phil

•  

although he didn't get the big bucks, lefty showed that he still had enough inside to do what needed to be done to win.  congratulations to lefty.   and of course congrats to tiger for the fedex big buck win.

so now, ideas on POY and comeback POY, i'm going with

poy    being tiger

cpoy   being phil

what do you guys and gals (lets not forget golfchick) think?

•  

Player and comeback player: Tiger

I can't give it to Phil just because of one tournament.  Tiger came back from reconstructive knee surgery, won 6 times and took home the FedEx.  That's a resume for both honors as far as I am concerned.

I am very happy Phil won it and he had a very impressive 3 days of golf which is great for him and his confidence, but just by winning one tournament after not performing well in his last couple isn't grounds for comeback of the year for me.

Nonetheless, Congratulations to Phil and I look forward to his performance at the President's Cup.

•  

beej

although he didn't get the big bucks, lefty showed that he still had enough inside to do what needed to be done to win.  congratulations to lefty.   and of course congrats to tiger for the fedex big buck win.

so now, ideas on POY and comeback POY, i'm going with

poy    being tiger

cpoy   being phil

what do you guys and gals (lets not forget golfchick) think?

agree...you got the two winning players!

•  

I say POY is Tiger. You just have to give it him for consistently playing through the FedEx events and hanging tough. There just isn't another choice to be made. Tiger by a landslide.

I would choose to go another way for CPOY. My vote is for Ken Green. We all have been kind of focused on Phil and the struggles with his wife/Mom and Tiger coming back from knee surgery. While each is inspiring, Ken Green has been to hell and back.... and frankly, back has a different meaning right now. He'll probably never be able to play competitive golf again, but simply making it another day is a huge accomplishment. What he has been through and will continue to go through should have all of us giving him a standing ovation.

•  

Have to agree with EM on that. Congrats to Phil on the V but I don't even think he thinks he had that great of a year.

•  

EMKelly0106

Player and comeback player: Tiger

I can't give it to Phil just because of one tournament.  Tiger came back from reconstructive knee surgery, won 6 times and took home the FedEx.  That's a resume for both honors as far as I am concerned.

I am very happy Phil won it and he had a very impressive 3 days of golf which is great for him and his confidence, but just by winning one tournament after not performing well in his last couple isn't grounds for comeback of the year for me.

Nonetheless, Congratulations to Phil and I look forward to his performance at the President's Cup.

Agreed. To play the way Tiger did after the knee surgery is amazing. Great to Phil play with some confidence. hope it will carry into next year.

•  

Go Phil!

•  

although I'm not a huge Phil fan, I have to give him his just congrats as he displayed the type of golf that is expected from him.

I hope this is a sign for the future so there is some true, consistent competition to TW

• 4775 points

I think Tiger coule be both POY and CPOY, considering his knee surgery last year.

•  

as much as I'd hate to admit it jas, you could be right...don't know if the tour would vote that way but everyone does love TW and what he brings to the tour.

•  

Tar Heel

I say POY is Tiger. You just have to give it him for consistently playing through the FedEx events and hanging tough. There just isn't another choice to be made. Tiger by a landslide.

I would choose to go another way for CPOY. My vote is for Ken Green. We all have been kind of focused on Phil and the struggles with his wife/Mom and Tiger coming back from knee surgery. While each is inspiring, Ken Green has been to hell and back.... and frankly, back has a different meaning right now. He'll probably never be able to play competitive golf again, but simply making it another day is a huge accomplishment. What he has been through and will continue to go through should have all of us giving him a standing ovation.

There is a story on the PGA website, Ken Green said he may return to the Champions Tour next year.

•  

Shouldn't the cpoy be someone who improves most from one year to the next. Last year Sean O'Hair was 75th on the Fed Ex list, this year he is 5th. My vote would be with Sean.

•  

I would think that Tiger would  get CPOY after returning from surgery and playing he way he did. As to POY, I think Steve Stricker may be a choice, or Kenny Perry. I know they might be long shots, but they also need some recognition. Besides, Perry got the Stewart Payne Award and they don't give that out lightly.

•  

eagle3

I would think that Tiger would  get CPOY after returning from surgery and playing he way he did. As to POY, I think Steve Stricker may be a choice, or Kenny Perry. I know they might be long shots, but they also need some recognition. Besides, Perry got the Stewart Payne Award and they don't give that out lightly.

you're right, kenny and steve both deserve recognition.  perry with the payne stewart award was cool.  he has had two really good years in a row and here he is, what, 48 years old. if they could give cpoy for a 2 year period he would have to be a top contender for sure.

•  

I would say TW for both however I don't believe they will give him both, so POY to TW and CPOY is a toss up.