Forums

Had to share this story

•  

I went into Golf Galaxy a week or so ago and asked the guy if they had any kid's clubs on sale.  He told me to go over to the section because he thought so.  Long story short, they had a $150 full set of children's (girls) clubs marked for $4 and change.  The funniest part is he said that it came up on the scanner as a firearm.  I said I didn't even think they sold guns.  He mentioned that they are owned by ***'s (which does).  At any rate, I had to fill out extra paperwork, paid and the guy handed me the box of clubs (with stand/carry bag, rain cover, everything) and said "congratulations on your handgun purchase."

This will be a killer Christmas gift for my 2 year old daughter.

•  

Let's hope you don't have to buy a permit to carry them

•  

Too Funny! Just hope that there aren't any gun crimes in the nieborhood or they will be knocking on your door looking for the "handgun" that you now own.

•  

Dude! What a sweet find. You have to love how "smoothly" those big boxes work, eh?

•  

I told him that they were for my young daughter and might be as dangerous as a gun at her age.  He responded that I would probably need to buy an actual gun once she got older.  Funny and scary at the same time!

•  

Retail at its finest! Nice find.

•  

Haha....gotta love the mistake by the big box!  Too funny - I'm sure your girl will enjoy!

•  

Hey cleanfan, want to double your money, I'm looking for a set for my 3 year old...I'll give you $8.00

Great find...congrats on that one.

•  

That sounds sketchy.  Had to sign extra paperwork for kids clubs... that just seems crazy.

•  

So will you sign your daughter up as a member of the NRA?

•  

cleanfan

I went into Golf Galaxy a week or so ago and asked the guy if they had any kid's clubs on sale.  He told me to go over to the section because he thought so.  Long story short, they had a $150 full set of children's (girls) clubs marked for $4 and change.  The funniest part is he said that it came up on the scanner as a firearm.  I said I didn't even think they sold guns.  He mentioned that they are owned by ***'s (which does).  At any rate, I had to fill out extra paperwork, paid and the guy handed me the box of clubs (with stand/carry bag, rain cover, everything) and said "congratulations on your handgun purchase."

This will be a killer Christmas gift for my 2 year old daughter.

Cleanfan, this might be a problem down the line. I don't know how it works, where you live, but if you had to file paperwork for a firearm, won't wherever this paperwork went to be looking for a firearm in the future. 

•  

Hey cleanfan, still waiting for your answer on my offer!! LOL...

Nice one Chris...NRA...I like it..