Forums

Friends List

•  

How do you add members to your friends list?

•  

Hi grumpy,

In order to add a member as a friend, you need to click on the members name to go to their profile page. Under their photo/avatar, you'll see a link "Addto Friends." When you click on that, the member is sent an email asking them to confirm you as a friend. Once they accept, they are added to your friends list.

Hope this helps?

Chris

•  

Chris, what is the vision for having a friends list...it seems at the moment with a small group of regulars in the FJ Community to not be a big deal however as the group gets larger what would be some advantages to this?

•  

Any chance you could create an icon to accept the request through your member profile?  Like when you receive a message from another user, it shows up in your profile and in the email, could we do this with friend requests too? 

•  

I like the idea EM...would make accepting invitations easier.

•  

For me the advantage is being able to see what your friends have been up to.  Easy way to link directly to their profile.  You can see where they have been commenting, what their status is, etc. 

It will be a very useful feature when the site blows up, you can weed out the junk and see what the people you trust have to say without having to search through every thread.

•  

EMKelly0106

Any chance you could create an icon to accept the request through your member profile?  Like when you receive a message from another user, it shows up in your profile and in the email, could we do this with friend requests too? 

I like EMKelly's idea....having a way to accept the request via the email AND the website would be helpful that way when I am on my blackberry I do not need to save the request, it will be on the website later.  This is a similar concept to Facebook which works very well.