Forums

season wrapping up?

•  

We went golfing this past weekend and all four of us seemed a little out of it.  I thought I was just tired but the other three just said that, for them, it was just a matter of the season winding down.  I never really feel much like that, do you?

•  

never, i'm always looking forward to my next round.  even when the leaves of michigan cover the course.

•  

I don't either. I like to play for 10 months of the year. Here in New England it is tough to play all 12. But I do get away to FL in the winter and that keeps me going.

•  

I usually play year round, minus a few really cold/icy days in January and February.   Lack of daylight limits my rounds during the week after work, but usually play at least once on the weekend during the winter months.

•  

Cleanfan... you guys were just hung over from the Gators game, right?

Seriously, while I'm not tired right now, I am probably more maudlin as the season winds down. Just 3 weeks ago I was at my club and it was warm, sunny, and nary a turned leaf anywhere. We commented that "it won't be long now." Sure enough, last week when I was out I noticed leaves changing all around, the sure sign fal is here. I was just counting yesterday, and it's about 5 weeks left (reliably) in the 2009 season. Then it's a grueling 5 months at least till "next year." And that just hurts!

•  

No, I don't ever feel like the season is done.  I still have a long winter of straight practice... for me the real important part of the season is beginning. 

•  

cleanfan

We went golfing this past weekend and all four of us seemed a little out of it.  I thought I was just tired but the other three just said that, for them, it was just a matter of the season winding down.  I never really feel much like that, do you?

For me, the season never realy ends. We are in a position to golf year round as we are retired and go south for the winter. While the wife does not golf, I do  and she like the time alone to get things done she feels are necessary.That being said, I will think of all of you that are suffering thru the cold, if I don't forget and have a senior moment.

•  

I don't look at is as the season winding down although I tend to try new things, swing changes, equipment at a certain point when the majority of my "real" golf is complete.

By real golf I'm talking the tournaments / outings that are important to me. 

I think some of you can relate.

•  

Living in New York gives the feeling of winding down. It's colder,less daylight,and courses start to close. I do travel and play in the "off season". North Carolina  for December. A couple of great tracks are Tobacco Road,and the Preserve. They both offer discount greens fees at this time. Then its off to Florida for some golf in Feb. But compared to summer,yes I get the feeling of "off season".

•  

usually the final round for me in Wisconsin happens early Nov, then nothing until April! Planning to work with a pro over the winter to get my swing where i want it to be so I can start next Spring on a good note. Nov-April is a long time to go with out hitting the links, a winter trip to somewhere warm may be in the cards this year!

•  

Our golf season in Oklahoma really doesn't end. We might have a few cold weeks with snow. BUt it seems to melt away pretty fast we can always get a cold round in if needed.

•  

OUTIGER

Our golf season in Oklahoma really doesn't end. We might have a few cold weeks with snow. BUt it seems to melt away pretty fast we can always get a cold round in if needed.

It doesn't get cold in Oklahoma?? Every time I go thru the weather there is not as nice as I would like it. Of course you are forgetting those wonderful  ice storms you get, right???? Just a little needling. Actually we pass thru on way to Texas for the winter and the weather there isn't too bad (Oklahoma, that is).

•  

I don't know that I could actually get tired of playing golf, mentally. Physically, I need to take a couple of days off now and then to let the back and knee rest. If I didn't live in Chicago, I would for sure play as much golf as physically possible year round. If you are tired, focus more on the surroundings than the golf to re-energize and don't grind to much.

•  

eagle3

OUTIGER

It doesn't get cold in Oklahoma?? Every time I go thru the weather there is not as nice as I would like it. Of course you are forgetting those wonderful  ice storms you get, right???? Just a little needling. Actually we pass thru on way to Texas for the winter and the weather there isn't too bad (Oklahoma, that is).

HAHAHAHA, the ice storms the past 2 years have cleared out some troublesome trees. 

But for the most part, our weather is good on average