Forums

Happy Gilmore- Favorite Moments?

•  

We've talked of Caddyshack, now let's consider Happy Gilomre.

What is the best line or scene from Happy Gilmore? Mine...

"Just tap in it the cup. Tap it in. Give it a little tappy. Tap-tap-taperoo." While he's using the custom Odyssey hockey stick putter.

And of course, Happy and Bob Barker engaged in the hockey fight.

•  

Hey Tar Heel, how about during the fight between Bob Barker and Happy when Happy says..."they price is wrong Bob!!"

There's also the scene early when Happy is betting the movers and drills the guy standing on his porch from across the neighborhood.

My favorite is when the big guy tells Shooter "you can count on me waiting for you in the parking lot"

•  

"The price is wrong, b***h."  Good scene.

•  

thanks for the help on that one Memphis, I forgot he swore...I knew I was close though

•  

It is a little too silly for me to remember all the the lines. The idea of someone using a hockey stick to hit a ball is too far out. However, that said, the fight between happy and Bob, is a stitch

•  

Ok it's not a line, but a scene - at the beginning when Happy hits Chubs' wooden hand into the road, then it gets run over by a truck.  Kills me every time!

• 877 points

I always found amusement in the scenes when he punches the clown on the mini golf course and when Happy knocks off Chubb's hand and it gets run over by the truck. Bottom line, it's a classic in the golf related films.

E

•  

I like the fight with him and Bob.

Favorite lines;
    1) Nurse: Good news, everybody, we're extending arts and crafts time by four hours today.
    Old lady: My fingers hurt.
    Nurse: What's that?
    Old lady: My fingers hurt.
    Nurse: Oh, well, now your back's gonna hurt, 'cause you just pulled landscaping duty. Anybody else's fingers hurt?... I didn't think so.  

And when he makes his hole in one on the par 4...
    Happy:  He shoots, he scores!
    Happy (turns to Chubbs): Oh, man. That was so much easier than putting. I should just try to get the ball in one shot every time.
    Chubbs: Good Plan.

Happys Grandma: Can I trouble you for a glass of warm milk? It helps me sleep.
    Nurse: You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up! Now, you will go to sleep! Or I will PUT you to sleep. Check out the name tag. You're in MY world now, grandma!

•  

Just the looks on Lee Trevino's face every time Happy did something that lacked golf etiquette was priceless...

•  

memphisunited

"The price is wrong, b***h."  Good scene.

hard to beat that one