Forums

The Hat

•  

Lots of discussions about all types of clothing and stuff, which has been interesting. Here's a question for our FJ Guru's that hasn't come up yet. Chris, Mike... here goes.

What do you think about having hats where the logos are re-oriented from what is out today? The line of hats from New Era (mesh and cotton... love them) have Titleist on front with ProV1 and FJ on the side. What if there was a FJ on front, with Titleist on the side instead. I know the mothership wants the main brand dominant, but you do have a precedant already, since Vokey and Scotty Cameron both have hats with their logo on front and Titleist on the side.

And so I'm really bold, I don't want the logos to be wimpy. I love the 2 color raised logo Titleist uses, so on the front, make a 2 color FJ logo with a matching Titleist one on the side. What do you think????

•  

I would love a Visor that had FJ on the front.

•  

Are you talking something like this but with the logo of Titleist on the side?

or 

Red can be found at http://www.footjoy.com/catalog/productview.asp?c=115 (in multiple colors)

•  

fairway2heaven

I would love a Visor that had FJ on the front.

Something like this?

•  

EM my friend.

Sort of... For example, the hat you have on in your profile snap looks like the New Era cotton and mesh deal I am referring to. So if you take that hat and move the FJ to the front and the Titleist to the side, you are moving in the right direction...

I have seen the hats you forwarded to me. Hoping that the simple FJ logo is "front and center" and we can keep some Titleist in there as well.

Thanks for the snaps!

•  

EMKelly0106

Are you talking something like this but with the logo of Titleist on the side?

or 

Red can be found at http://www.footjoy.com/catalog/productview.asp?c=115 (in multiple colors)

I really like the blue one - can those be found anymore?

•  

I like the red one...what about something like that with the Ambassador logo on one side and Titleist on the other...

Think that could become a reality??

•  

I think that is a very good idea. FJ needs as much reconition as  the Mother ship. Maybe those at AcushnetGolf will give this some serious thought and get some hats out there for FootJoy. It could also be a way to recognize Ambassadors with a hat that has the FJ Logo incorporated with the Ambassador logo.

•  

Yes, available online at http://www.golfshoesplus.com/Subs.asp?subcategory=27.  I am not sure how reputable the site is but they have them.

• 877 points

I'm digging the visors. I don't recall ever seeing a FJ dominant hat/visor, pretty cool!

E

•  

EM

Great find. That's the exact logo type I was thinking, except on a hat. Put a Titleist on one side and a ProV1 on the other and viola!

•  

or the Ambassador logo on one side and Pro V on the other...I like that voila better.

I do like the red visor as well...haven't seen them in any stores here in Michigan...

•  

Mondo

or the Ambassador logo on one side and Pro V on the other...I like that voila better.

I do like the red visor as well...haven't seen them in any stores here in Michigan...

great idea, the blue hat above is very cool.

•  

I would like to see it, but I would be surprised if the Acushnet family would change a product based off our recommendations.  I don't mind the FJ on the side, I'm sure it has been researched and has been produced the way it is for a reason.

•  

EM, point well taken.

Here is another view... Each season there is new lines created. I am thinking that the current Titleist stay in some colors. That is not to say that certain combinations couldn't have the FJ "front" orientation. That way, if someone wants it, great. That is truly one of the benefit Titleist (Fortune Brands) has; varied brands in market.

One could offer variation and still position each great brand. Now that I think of it, the DryJoys hats both have FJ on there with the DJ monker.

Heck, let's make a hat with every logo on it and we could all be like NASCAR! Branding run amok! Seriously, I am not proposing that last one...