Forums

How many mistakes have you made?

• 1461 points

Saw this online and it's pretty interesting to see how many  mistakes i've made and have seen...  

www.golfdigest.com/.../36-most-common-mistakes-in-golf

how many mistakes have you made?

Cheers

• 1942 points

Just about all of them.

•  

Chris H.
    Saw this online and it's pretty interesting to see how many  mistakes i've made and have seen...  

Cheers

I have done a lot of these but one I simply haven't done since High School is number 16.

"AIMING AT NOTHING - Harvey Penick's final marching order to his tournament-bound students was: "Take dead aim." It wasn't a slogan so much as a warning. If you don't aim the clubface and check alignment on every shot, don't be surprised if the ball doesn't do what you had in mind."  

My high school coach gave me Harvey Penick's Little Red Book and to this day I have taken the "Take Dead Aim" approach on all shots.  This doesn't mean fire at every stick, to me it means pick a very specific target and direct your focus there, do not focus on the what ifs involved. The same rule should be applied for your range sessions, pick your target and hit it there, do not just rifle balls.

See also: Aim small, miss small.

•  

14 (mistake by author) Apparently the author has never witnessed my repartee

•  

Devin_Gmitter

I have done a lot of these but one I simply haven't done since High School is number 16.

"AIMING AT NOTHING - Harvey Penick's final marching order to his tournament-bound students was: "Take dead aim." It wasn't a slogan so much as a warning. If you don't aim the clubface and check alignment on every shot, don't be surprised if the ball doesn't do what you had in mind."  

My high school coach gave me Harvey Penick's Little Red Book and to this day I have taken the "Take Dead Aim" approach on all shots.  This doesn't mean fire at every stick, to me it means pick a very specific target and direct your focus there, do not focus on the what ifs involved. The same rule should be applied for your range sessions, pick your target and hit it there, do not just rifle balls.

Great words of advice

•  
    A few.. But gotta say Hackel is a blithering idiot... White belts look great, have confidence and match it appropriately!
    • 798 points

Hackel is a hack, not that i'm a fashion guru but this guy's comments always amuse me.

• 3033 points

Not all but most ........ I do not agree with the white belt comments by Hackel. I have seen some of his favorite outfits and some are hideous

• 5130 points

Not sure if I agree with Nbr 3 -- Wearing Black Socks with khakis?

So what if I wear black shoes and black shirt with khakis?  

• 4396 points

About 2/3rds at some point in my life (although nowadays that number is far lower).

•  

miniwarmth
    Not sure if I agree with Nbr 3 -- Wearing Black Socks with khakis?

So what if I wear black shoes and black shirt with khakis?

Socks should match slacks......wear khaki/black/white argyles and really make a fashion statement........

• 5190 points

I have made a few that weren't on the list. He needs to expand the list.

•  

MarkWDallasTx
    I have made a few that weren't on the list. He needs to expand the list.

So True!!!

•  

I can't even begin to make a list of all of the mistakes I have made and continue to make (in golf and everywhere else for that matter).  I have to admit that it was an entertaining reading though...

• 1750 points

Devin_Gmitter
    Chris H.Saw this online and it's pretty interesting to see how many  mistakes i've made and have seen...  

Cheers  

Real good tip and a bad habit to not follow.  Easy to try to slap at the ball and need to swing with a purpose on every swing.