Forums

Too HOT to play golf

•  

Yes!  Too hot. The heat index hit 119 yesterday...at 7pm and the neat index was 110 and the weatherperson predicts today to be worse with higher humidity and temps around 99.....enough sports on TV today to occupy my time......I normally walk, but this week decided that riding a cart was smarter, parking in the shade and drinking lots and lots of water......thank goodness those FJ shirts absorb water......a cool front is supposed to be on it's way from Blacksburg, VA.....thanks Bobby....

•  

Sounds like a pretty typical summer day here in Houston, Chuck.  Like you say, ride, drink lots of fluids (especially water and Gatorade), and stay in the shade as much as possible.  

•  

was still pretty humid here today - at 2:00 pm - was 81 -  hope the cool front gets to you soon -

wore one of the FJ Shirts in black today with no problem

•  
    Bobby - I don't think you would ever have any problems on the golf course. Hope you're playing well.
  •  

Golf index today was 0 on a scale of 0-10.....heat advisory........supposed to be in high 80s starting Monday, which means the clubs will be back out.......Scott, bet it is humid in your area, I remember those days........

•  
    Super hot today. Coached soccer early this morning and it was borderline crazy.
    • 1750 points

That is crazy warm Chuck.  I think I could do that in the desert but not with all that humidity.  Humidity is pretty unbearable even at much cooler temps!!!

•  

While you guys are complaining about the heat, we had an ice hockey practice yesterday morning. Yup - the sweatsuit, whistle and dry erase board are all back out...The colder weather is on the way!

•  

Walked 9 yesterday and 9 more today.  Love those small rounds, never get too too hot.

•  

I also didn't play this weekend as heat index was 107-110. S'pose to be better tom, up & at um early!!!

• 5190 points

Threw batting practice for my son this morning at 10. Miserably hot. Came home and watched Little World Series. Chicago battled all the way to the end against S. Korea.  To hot to play golf this afternoon.

•  

I know in Ohio the heatwave has hit us and I am not hitting the links as often as just a couple of months ago thanks to the heat and humidity! Cant wait for the supposed cool down later this week just in time for Labor Day!

• 1942 points

Brutally hot this weekend.  Like Mark, had baseball practice with both boys Saturday morning.  My youngest asked to play golf yesterday, I told him it was too hot.  I'm hoping for some cooler weather this week and to get a round in after work.

•  

What a relief, Bobby sent us some decent weather down from Virginia and I actually walked 18 holes today. It was in the high 60s when I left the house today and 83 when I left the course around 1pm.  What a great day to play golf and even had a pretty good round with a 77 which included two double bogeys, four bogeys and three birdies.  Things are starting to look up again.  Guess taking Mark's advise and thinking about coconut cake instead of golf is helping......thanks D2....D1......cheers...cz.

•  

Chuck it's never too hot to play golf. I used to play in Phoenix and Tucson in the summer afternoon specials. Temp range 110 to 120 we used to call them "Death" specials. $39 bucks a cart and a cooler as much golf as you could handle.  :)