you don't have to spank me this hard

it's this 3 wood that's failed me

“don't count that” on the card

Well my son won the overall

the victory was his to claim

but on that fifth day he learned

his old dad still has game

• 5330 points

Bard of the FJC! Very nice and love the ending since I am a father of sons...

•  

Beej! So glad to see you pop back up on the grid my friend. I'm so happy that you put one of your many poems on the FJC, since you have them up on FB so often. Some really good stuff my friend.

This is a nice ode to you and your son I'm sure. And we all know you still have game!

How's Michigan treating you. Can't say I'm upset to be gone. While it's a bit more expensive out here for some things, overall it's not bad. And then there is that 12 month a year golf thingy. Man is that nice. So all in all, outside of not being able to go to Ann Arbor for football a few times a year, this isn't bad!

•  
    Great poem. Always fun to play w your son. My 12 year old is now enjoying the game more than ever. I take every chance I can get to go out and play.

•  

back on the grid ... i read often, i'm around.  i'm glad you are enjoying that year round season you have heel, i knew it would suit you very well.  hit 'em straight.

• 4468 points

Well written beej.  I just played five rounds in michigan this past weekend.  we had two father/son pairs with us (I don't think they ever played together due to the format) but it's great to see them out there enjoying it together!

•  

etakmit
    Well written beej.  I just played five rounds in michigan this past weekend.  we had two father/son pairs with us (I don't think they ever played together due to the format) but it's great to see them out there enjoying it together!

Tim, where did you play?

•  

Great poem...Thanks for the Post Beej !   Terrific Pic too, BB...Looks like your son is a Star in the making  !

•  
    beej - great poem. Your son should have given you a couple of strokes, so you didn't have to say "don't count that."
  •  

memphisunited
    beej - great poem.  Your son should have given you a couple of strokes, so you didn't have to say "don't count that."

who needs strokes, it's all about being together on the course and enjoying each other.  of course a little ribbing back and forth is never discouraged.