Forums

My other hobby

•  

tdogg21
    Some of you know that in addition to being a golf addict, I'm a Corvette guy.  This weekend one of my Corvettes was invited to be on display in a special exhibit at Corvettes at Carlisle (one of the largest Corvette shows in the world).

If you want to see more of a glimpse into what has really eaten in to my golf budget this year, you can check out my Corvette blog I just recently started.

Growing up my dad had two in the garage, a baby blue 64 and a yellow 70 convertible.  My absolute favorites are the 67 and 68, end of one era, the beginning of the next.

•  
    Devin, did he not give you the '64 for your sixteenth birthday? And does he still have the '70? '70 convertibles were always one of my favorite models, very good looking!
  •  

I feel left out.  Although I have always wanted a vette, I never have.  I will have to do with my AUDI 5 coupe.  

• 1750 points

One of my best friends' dad had a 65' Vette which was his first car and original owner and sold it right before my buddy had enough money to make a push for him to sell it to him.  He was at a point where he wanted to either put $ in it or get $ out of it and he decided to sell it.  I think he got $15k for it and it needed engine work but it had been cared for for a long time.  

•  

No Vette for me either, Bob. But have an Audi Q5 for schlepping things such as Golf Cubs & Client Purchases so we'll have to start are own car club......

•  

Thanks guys.  It was a very fun, but tiring weekend. Thousands of Corvettes from 1953 up to brand new 2015 models on 82 acres.  It was a really cool experience having my car on display for the weekend.  They really go out of their way to make you feel special.  The car I was displaying was a '69 with a big block and side-pipes.  Starting it up to drive out of the building it was displayed in was probably one of the coolest things I've ever done in that car.  Everyone stopped what they were doing to watch.

•  

Tyler Higley
    Do you have a link to your blog?

Sorry....I thought I put it in my post.  But it's corvettecruisin dot com

•  

pistolpete
    Which model year Corvette had the fastback split rear windows? That is my wife's dream 'Vette...I still cannot believe how much sports car you get for the money when looking at Corvettes against other, similarly powered sports cars...Of course, not telling you enthusiasts anything you don't already know!

'63.  Only year they did that.  My best friend's dad has one.  You can't touch those cars for under $100k anymore.

•  

tdogg21

Tyler Higley
    Do you have a link to your blog?

Sorry....I thought I put it in my post.  But it's corvettecruisin dot com

Nice job on your blog Tim! I remember when my kids were little and they just loved riding around in our '64 convertible with the side pipes rumbling. My daughter would say "go fast dad, go fast", that was just so much fun! Ah, the memories. :-)

Save the wave.

• 1750 points

Blog looks pretty cool and man that new Z06 is slick!!

•  

One of these days...was just telling my wife how much I've always wanted a  Corvette...a true bucket list item for me...