Forums

45 years ago today! Were you there?

•  

1rst Grade

•  

I was too young and still in grade school... didn't hear about it till it came out in the movies and it was released a couple years later.  The elders' animosity... oh, wow!  ...and the teens' response to it was truly a confusion.  I was still living in the Philippines then.  The artists who stayed with me through the years were Crosby, Stills, & Nash; Sly & Family Stone; Santana; undeniably Jimi Hendrix.  It was a mix and much different from the Beatles and Dave Clark Five... it played a big part in arts and music appreciation/influence that carried on.

•  

•  

It's funny that I decided to check in tonight( I still do that sometimes) & came across this post. I was 13 at the time so that wasn't even an option although it would have been Awesome!! Not sure if I would have made it back tho. It just so happens that this week, a website called TRIBUT has a  tribute to Woodstock. There are 14 videos from the festival to watch & some facts about it. I have been to 1 3-day festival in my life with about 5-7 thousand people there & looking out at the people was pretty cool from the stage.(yes, I was on the stage) Just trying to imagine 500,000 people at Woodstock is overwhelming!!!!! That's 100 times more, makes my head swim. I have seen the movie & numerous videos from the festival but it's still so hard to believe it happened. Anyway here's a ling to the website if anybody wants to see some of which I had never seen before...... ENJOY.

promo.tributapparel.com/.../index.html