Forums

Seven Dreamers Golf - The ultimate golf shaft?!

•  

Does that include rental car, airfare, lodging and meals for the 90 day period for us out of towners......just in case you might have a taker......I understand you point and you are absolutely correct.....they put a heavy price on some of their products in the far east......

•  
    Yes, Chuck, true dat in the Far East.
    I remember, when I was starting in golf in the early 90s, a $1000 drivers, $5000-6000 set of irons all made in Japan did exist like it's normal to some folks... Of course a Big Bertha driver then at the same time were less than $50 as I recall. But honestly, I still don't understand how or why.

Also, around the same time, many folks in golf were upset about how the Japanese were driving the cost up so high after buying and selling of a course by the water called Pebble Beach.

Anyway, this stuff brought up could be another break through in golf tech. It could be what some companies are waiting for. ...who knows? $13,000 putter sells.
  •  

Chuck, everything is negotiable....

• 2075 points

19hole
    If you have the $120,000 to spend, I will make you a deal. I'll take $50,000 and work with you every day, all day for 3 months. At the end I will have Titleist make you a completely new bag and FootJoy make you a pair or two of MyJoy ICONs. It will do a LOT more for your game and you save $70,000!!!

I'll do it for $40,000!!!

• 5533 points

ChuckZ
    Does that include rental car, airfare, lodging and meals for the 90 day period for us out of towners......just in case you might have a taker......I understand you point and you are absolutely correct.....they put a heavy price on some of their products in the far east......

• 5533 points

Heavy price indeed...No more so than $5000 for a Scotty Cameron putter...I will follow up with the web site that sells these shafts in a month or so and see if the buzz this company generates has turned into sales...

•  

If you pay that much money you are not getting a shaft you are getting "THE SHAFT"

•  

The japanese market is crazy for ultra-high end/advanced technology or hand crafted work and people pay for it. Just held a 3 clubs (woods) the other day from Honma -- total price: $10,000!  They looked/felt great but 10K??? I guess it's the same way for high end cars -- a 5k car can get you to your destination but not as stylishly as 120k one.

•  

Any room for bargining with you on the price Rick?  I could use the lesson from a gem like you....one of the best Pro's in the area that I know.

Hope you are enjoying your summer.

•  

Brian, Anytime you want to get together just let me know. I know you play better than you are letting on here....

•  
    I would enjoy 18 holes together. Maybe we could get golf New England to do a spotlight on you and your course.

It would be similar to the golf channels playing lesson w a pro, you obviously being the pro and you all could laugh at me 3 putting greens. I guess I would have to play Holly, without the Puma outfit and a few other big things....lol

Maybe we can set up a trip for me to head up.
  •  

19hole
    Chuck, everything is negotiable....

Thanks, Rick.......my game does need a tuneup....but I think if I would just spend a little time on the range it might just cure one of the problems, tempo.....and I just hate hitting off matts.....(Mon-Thurs)....the main critter is mental........evil Chuck just won't go away.......need to get hungry again........everything in life is negotiable....bet NE is beautiful this time of the year or at least about to be.......Chuck

•  

Brian, I will make the trip down to you....always looking for a road trip!

• 111 points

Can't buy a golf game...