Forums

Team USA- Dwindling

• 3091 points

I think it may be a good thing, for years we were like "we have a better team because we have Phil and Tiger " but they both have very mediocre Ryder cup records so it may be a good thing to be without one or both. Phil will be picked if he does not auto qualify.

Kuch and Duff both have 5 weeks to heal so at least one should be good to go , maybe assistant capt Stricker will be a playing captain.

I would rather see younger guys who have been playing well like Todd get a chance. Reed was very successful in his college days in match play, I think Keegan may get another shot as he played very well two years ago.

Being an under dog may be a good thing for us , seemed to work for the Euros when they were heavy underdogs.

•  

As bad as it looks, I'm looking forward to seeing some new guys get out there.  It's time for players like Fowler and Spieth to take charge and be the faces of the team for the next few years.  

• 1536 points

I agree, bring in new blood and younger guys...  A lot of good young tour players to choose from..  

You know what they say, "out with the old, in with the new"...    

•  

CROCMAN
    At the risk fo alienation you all (except for lusogolf of course) c'mon Europeans !!!

None taken.......I like the European players.......I personally think they have a different respect for the game........but I will be rooting for the US of A............

•  

Euro team is real strong and their players are in form. US players are not in form for the most part and hurt.

• 5312 points

@Whaq1 -- +1 to your comment.

• 1012 points

THEY LOST THE LAST CUP IN PART BECAUSE  OF FURYK AND STRICKER. I WAS PRAYING FURYK DIDNT MAKE THE TEAM. STRICKER PLAYED AWFUL UNDER THE PREASURE AND FURYK WOULD GO INTO HIS 5 MINUTE PUTTING LINEUP AND STILL MISS IT IT. TIME FOR THE YOUNG GUYS TO TAKE OVER

•  

OK, here is a list of the top 15 in points for the US team.....armchair captains....pick your team.......Strick is an Assistant Captain and Tiger is ranked 69th.....DJ is definitely out and it appears that the Duff may be out.......now we down to thirteen....put a team together for Tom to put up against the strong Euros.......and I am like most, we need fearless youth on the team.........

Bubba Watson
    Jim Furyk
    Jimmy Walker
    Rickie Fowler
    Matt Kuchar
    Jordan Spieth
    Patrick Reed
    Jason Dufner
    Jason Johnson
    Phil Mickelson
    Keegan Bradley
    Brendon Todd
    Ryan Moore
    Chris Kirk
    Webb Simpson

•  

why does it have to be me for euro I would like to play for america

•  

Guess that Phil solidified his position today.....he and Ricky played well today 

• 3091 points

Gotta go with Keegan, he and Phil were a great team last time out . I also gotta go with Snedaker , he really turned his season around the last few times out and is a great putter, his work with Butch Harmon is really taking hold.

3rd pick is gotta be between Webb and Brendon Todd. Simpson has been on Ryder cup and Presidents cup squads numerous times and both he and Todd won once this season so I would lean towards Webb - also he is a FJ/Titleist guy so he has that going for him.