Forums

Just got a new golf bag

• 67 points

It's a tiny little carry bag , comfortably holds about 7 clubs.Tourtec bag and I love it.I'm 58 years old now so when I walk with my grandkids and play I think I'll carry this baby toting Driver , 3-hybrid , 5,7,9,Irons , 56* wedge and putter.Whay would you guys carry?

• 5998 points

Hi ParmanMike -- Welcome to to the FJC!

I've used a Ping bag for years but am on the cusp of changing to either a the Titleist 14 Way Lightweight Stand Bag or the Staff Stand Bag.

Look forward to your participation in the group.

•  

ParmanMike
    It's a tiny little carry bag , comfortably holds about 7 clubs.Tourtec bag and I love it.I'm 58 years old now so when I walk with my grandkids and play I think I'll carry this baby toting Driver , 3-hybrid , 5,7,9,Irons , 56* wedge and putter.Whay would you guys carry?

Hmm, for a 5 club event I usually carry my 3-wood, 5, 8, and P, plus a putter.  Gives me options through the range, even if I cannot reach some par 4s in two.  I generally choose based on the length of the par 3s we'll be playing.  Other clubs can give extra distance when needed or be throttled back, choked up, or punched.  If permitted 2 more clubs, I'd probably add a 4h and my 58 degree Vokey.

• 67 points

Thanks for the input. I have enjoyed my carry bags over the years and still have a couple pf larger ones , but this small one is really neat for a 5 or 7 club , 9 hole trip with the grandkids. I'm trying to teach them out to hit different shots with the same club.

• 2002 points

You might search for them as day bags.

• 5736 points

Parman,

I travel a fair amount and carry a Small hard travel case "bag/tube" it holds 7 clubs.  My Travel bag doubles as a carry bag. It was a gift from my favorite Brother In Law.

I went with: 3 Wood, 3H, 5,7,9 irons, SW and Putter. I play courses that I have never played before. The 3 Wood keeps me out of the trouble I think I would find with a Driver. Playing with every other club forces you  to be a bit more creative with your shots.

Glad to have you here.

• 67 points

Great thoughts on club selection. Thanks for the kind words fellas.