Forums

Rain, rain, rain

•  

too much rain here in the Midwest...too many times my golf league is on the verge of not playing because of pending forecasts...

•  

Mike_C
    Hey Chuck, do you think you could send some of that rain over to Texas?  We can always use it around here, especially this time of year!

Love to Mike......the grass is getting greener and longer everyday, which means....out comes the lawn mower when it stops raining........my other form of recreation.....and my doxie is too low to the ground to take care of her businesses when the grass gets to high in the back 40......she is minature that goes 9 lbs....which is my other form of recreation, play with the dog, feed the dog, take care of the dog, oops, she does not respond to the word "dog"........anyhow this is who runs our household....Katie, named after Katie Scarlett O'Hara, who has us trained exacting like she wants us.......

•  

What rain?  It is beautiful sitting in my office, just don't look outside.  FootJoy rain gear to the rescue.  Also better carry a 1iron in case of lightening.

•  

We finally got to play yesterday and both sides of the course.........had been a week since I had played.......not much has changed....even changed putter.....put my Scotty away for a while.....94% humidity and 94*s....but got to play golf and had fun....

• 5856 points

ChuckZ
    We finally got to play yesterday and both sides of the course.........had been a week since I had played.......not much has changed....even changed putter.....put my Scotty away for a while.....94% humidity and 94*s....but got to play golf and had fun....

Putting your Scotty away seems pretty drastic. Maybe you should just try electroshock therapy and quit thinking so much when you play.

Get a new Swing Thought. My new Swing Thought is Apple Pie...it used to be Don't Shank..Don't Shank..Don't Shank. I have gained a few pounds though.

See ball hit ball.

Your game will come around.

•  

I know, Mark, just hit the ball, and stop thinking so much......struck the ball well tee to green yeaterday....but Mr Flatstick cost me at least six to seven strokes.....and still had two birdies........in all fairness to Mr Flatstick, our greens are not the best right now and have a lot of grain.....they are punching and verticuting today.....guess I need to hit the ball closer to the hole......

• 5856 points

Have you ever heard the story about the Indian and the arrow?

• 5856 points

Rain in August. Two days in a row....on Saturday and Sunday. Water hazards are full in August, fariways are green, greens were punched last week. Things are looking great.

•  

Ours also, now the temps are due to hit around 97 this week.......and we could use some rain......guess the humiture will be well over a hundred the majority of this week......have to be extra careful...........

• 2034 points

MarkWDallasTx
    ChuckZWe finally got to play yesterday and both sides of the course.........had been a week since I had played.......not much has changed....even changed putter.....put my Scotty away for a while.....94% humidity and 94*s....but got to play golf and had fun....

Putting your Scotty away seems pretty drastic. Maybe you should just try electroshock therapy and quit thinking so much when you play.

Get a new Swing Thought. My new Swing Thought is Apple Pie...it used to be Don't Shank..Don't Shank..Don't Shank. I have gained a few pounds though.

See ball hit ball.

Your game will come around.

Ha Mark, I like the swing thought!!!

• 2034 points

I surprisingly had great weather at the beach last week in the Outer Banks but the wife didn't include time in the itinerary for golf though!!  I played 3 rounds though, 1 on the way to the beach & 2 on the way back.  

•  

Managed to catch up on rain a bot this weekend.  Fortunately happened after my Saturday round was complete.  Was watching the news, and they said that we had as much rain in two hours Sunday than we expect on average for the entire month of August!  Hopefully this will make a little dent in the drought conditions in our part of the country.

•  

Had two bad thoughts today and had two triple bogeys.....and shot 81.....talked to head pro and we are going to try to get together on a Friday in two weeks to get my arms out of play and my hips where they should be.....Scotty is back in the bag......just put in a little time at the driving range yesterday and it helped some......tournament time is around the corner and I need to gets my towards in order and of course stop thinking........

• 5856 points

ChuckZ
    Had two bad thoughts today and had two triple bogeys.....and shot 81.....talked to head pro and we are going to try to get together on a Friday in two weeks to get my arms out of play and my hips where they should be.....Scotty is back in the bag......just put in a little time at the driving range yesterday and it helped some......tournament time is around the corner and I need to gets my towards in order and of course stop thinking........

Apple Pie Apple Pie Apple Pie

•  

MarkWDallasTx
    ChuckZHad two bad thoughts today and had two triple bogeys.....and shot 81.....talked to head pro and we are going to try to get together on a Friday in two weeks to get my arms out of play and my hips where they should be.....Scotty is back in the bag......just put in a little time at the driving range yesterday and it helped some......tournament time is around the corner and I need to gets my towards in order and of course stop thinking........

Apple Pie Apple Pie Apple Pie

Coconut cake coconut cake coconut cake....no calories in that one, my friend....ha..ha..ha...D1