Forums

Good day to live in Texas

•  

Cool and Rainy here today. 102 last week 82 today. I went to buy a Performance Sweater this morning I made three stops not one of the Big Box retailers had one available today. I just needed an excuse to pull the trigger early.

My ol standby came through...Helllooo Golflocker. Always a sure thing

•  

We can tell you're excited!  GolfLocker.com is good...  post us a picture when you get the chance.

•  

What is rain? Haven't seen it since February really.

•  

When are you going to need a performance sweater? I have one that I wore one time for two hours during a frost delay. That sweater is just too warm for southern wear. I didn't think it got that cold in Dallas.

•  

Don.  I have a couple that I wear in South Carolina.  I live near the ocean across from Charleston.  In the winter it does get in the 30s and 40s in late January thru February and those performance sweaters come in handy on cold windy days in the south with corduroy slacks.    

•  

Hmmmm.  Sweater in Dallas today?  It was a bit cooler in Dallas today I'll admit, but I was reading this just as I got off the phone with my HVAC guy because one of our AC units is frozen and that section of the house is getting a little too warm for comfort.  I guess I am glad this didn't happen last week with it was 100+ degrees!  I don't think there will be any sweater wearing in my part of Dallas any time soon.  Maybe I need to come down to Mark's neck of the woods so I can experience a cooler Dallas :)

• 2321 points

MarkWDallasTx
    Cool and Rainy here today. 102 last week 82 today. I went to buy a Performance Sweater this morning I made three stops not one of the Big Box retailers had one available today. I just needed an excuse to pull the trigger early.

Hey Mark,

I agree with others not sure you will be needing the Sweater much in Dallas but still good to have a great looking sweater.  I was going to ask you have you played Tour 18 Dallas?  I played there a few years back and it was nice and fun.  Extremely SLOWWW round of golf and they needed the "Tee it Up"campaign going at that time.  Nothing worse than playing behind a guy that is playing the tips and struggling to keep it in bounds and they won't let you play through as a single due to pride I guess.  

•  

golferdrmjr
    When are you going to need a performance sweater? I have one that I wore one time for two hours during a frost delay. That sweater is just too warm for southern wear. I didn't think it got that cold in Dallas.

Don, it can get quite cold in the winter in Texas. I've played in 35* weather before.

•  

It was downright frigid here yesterday. 82 degrees, light rain, and a cool breeze. I really don't need an excuse to buy for FJ apparel.

It does get fairly cold here in December, January, and Febuary. 30s and 40s occasional days in the teens and 20s. The wind always blows here so that is a factor to consider. I like the Performance sweater because of the lining and because it is water repellant.

•  

DB9Boilers
    MarkWDallasTxCool and Rainy here today. 102 last week 82 today. I went to buy a Performance Sweater this morning I made three stops not one of the Big Box retailers had one available today. I just needed an excuse to pull the trigger early.

Hey Mark,

I agree with others not sure you will be needing the Sweater much in Dallas but still good to have a great looking sweater.  I was going to ask you have you played Tour 18 Dallas?  I played there a few years back and it was nice and fun.  Extremely SLOWWW round of golf and they needed the "Tee it Up"campaign going at that time.  Nothing worse than playing behind a guy that is playing the tips and struggling to keep it in bounds and they won't let you play through as a single due to pride I guess.

DB,

I like the Tour 18 course. Concept is cool. Having played several of the courses that are represented on the Tour 18 layout they are close but not quite the same. Fun none the less. The best golf rule of thumb came from a Marshal there. There was a fivesome playing in front of a buddy of mine and myself. Same thing we had bumped them a couple of times ..but no offer to play through. They were spraying all over the course and not playing ready golf. They were having a good time. The game is suppose to be fun.  However, the Marshal came by and gave them his rule of thumb and asked them to let us through.

"If you are two over regardless of if you are on the Green or not pick up. Nobody's Golf Handicap will let them take a Double Boogey."

I use that rule today.

If you like the concept of playing famous holes look at the Tribute GC. http://www.thetributegc.com/ Scottish Style links course modeled arounf 18 famous Scottish golf holes. I prefer it over Tour 18. If you get a chance to be back in Dallas with and extra day to play a round give me a couple of weeks notice and I will set up a tee time. Week days are best for me. My kids sports dominate the weekends.