Forums

My First Titleist

•  

Hey everyone, I just wanted to get back into the community, and I thought it would be cool if I shared a picture of my FIRST Titleist club with you all! It is a 19 degree stiff-flex hybrid. All that I can say is that I love it! I demoed two other brands before I purchase it and I knew that this was the club for me. I actually replaced my 5-wood with this club, and it gives me longer and more consistent distance.

Interestingly enough, my second time with this club on the course was for a 36-hole special at the Forest Akers golf courses here at Michigan State University. However, this picture was taken at a different course.

Also, I am thinking that sometime soon, I will want to purchase a new, stiff-shafted 3-wood since my current is regular flex. I am assuming everyone loves the fairway woods as much as much as the hybrids. Does anyone have any experiences to share with the 3-wood?

• 5167 points

Welcome back. I have a 910F that I really like. Looking to upgrade when the 915s become available.

• 5110 points

Congrats on the club!  Interesting (to me) that you get more distance with this vs. a 5 wood. I'm not a hybrid guy and still play my 5-wood depending on the course...But the hybrid has the same loft but a shorter shaft than the 5W. Many people do love them, I just didn't know/realise that distance was one of the factors. I wonder how it would compare to the driving iron (e.g. 712U 3).

•  

I really like the Titleist selection of clubs....I carry a 910D3 10.25, 913F 14.25*, 913H 17*, 910H 20.5*, 913H 24*........I love them because they fly high and stay on line as long as I do not try to over power them........super clubs.........used to play Adams, which is a good club as well, but these out perform them, in my opinion.......

• 1910 points

Nice club, I was thinking of getting a hybrid to replace my non-Titleist 2H but I'll wait until the 915s come out.

I do have the 913Fd 15*.  It's a great club, but I haven't been hitting it much lately.  It's definitely the musician and not the instrument.  I've been struggling mightily with the snap-hooks lately.

• 1827 points

Congratulations on many nice shots that are in your future.

• 5238 points

I am irons (AP 2) only at the moment. Love my Adams hybrid and my Sonartec three wood still produces like a dream. Driver? I am in the market  and LIKE the looks of the new Titleist upcoming edition...

• 1723 points

I have the 913F, Stiff flex Diamana White Board and love it!!!  I love the traditional low profile and pear shape look and the club performs great.  I have been to demo the hybrid many times and love it and need to pull the trigger soon on that.  

• 530 points

I'm trying to remember the first Titleist club I had... think it was a Scotty Newport Putter about 10 years ago

• 3023 points

Welcome , that's a mighty fine club. Very useful from all kinda lies and even useful around the green.

Play well !

• 4396 points

Beautiful club!  I have yet to pick up my first titleist.  I'm in the market for a 5w.  I can hit my 3w really well but I think a 5w would fit a better selection of shots in my game as I might pull the 3w out 2 - 3 times tops in a round.  I could see doubling that with a 5w.

•  

etakmit
    Beautiful club!  I have yet to pick up my first titleist.  I'm in the market for a 5w.  I can hit my 3w really well but I think a 5w would fit a better selection of shots in my game as I might pull the 3w out 2 - 3 times tops in a round.  I could see doubling that with a 5w.

I bought a 15* 913F and lowered it to a 14.25 and use it a lot off the tee on shorter par fours and it works well of the deck..........this might be a consideration for you

•  

Warning.... Titleist clubs can become addictive  (much like FootJoy products).  Once you play with the best, it is hard to go back to anything less!

•  

The Titleist metals are great.  I have the 3 & the 5 fairway 913f.  In my case, I never thought I'd go back to a 5 wood, but after I picked up the 3 metal, I had to have the 5 metal and make it a pair.  I've had it for just over a year now and they're regularly in the bag.

•  

Mike,

I like your warning - I will definitely remember that saying before it happens to me!

I see a lot of people play and like the 913F - in both 15 and 14.25. Thanks for all of the feedback everyone.