Forums

Titliest 910 Series shafts interchangeability

• 5190 points

Are the Titleist 910 series connectors the same for Drivers, Fairway metals, and hybrids? Can I swap shafts between the clubs?

• 5190 points

I spoke with my local Titleist fitter Saturday. He tells me Drivers swap with Drivers, Woods with Woods, and Hybirds with Hybrids.

• 536 points

The way I understand it, except for drivers (which are all interchangeable) 910 shafts also work with 913 heads but 913 heads wont work with 910 shafts

•  

Unfortunately you were given bad information. All of the 910 series clubs use the same Sure-Fit Tour shaft adapters. When Titleist went to the 913 series of clubs the only shafts from the 910 series that could be used were the driver shafts on the new drivers. The fairway and hybrid shafts on the new 913 series are different from the 910.

•  

19hole is correct, only with the drivers...

•  

19hole is correct, only with the drivers...

• 5190 points

The rest of the story: My family and I are leaving on vacation in a couple of days. There will be  3-4 rounds of golf. My son who is 14 has been hitting his 910H to high. 27 mid to high launch shaft. I dialed his hybrid down to a 25.5 degree. My goal was to be able to mix and match shafts and club heads to give him a hybrid option in his bag. We spent and hour and a half on the range yesterday evening adjusting his 910 D2 and building a hybrid for him. "Dad I had a lot of fun at the range and I think the adjustments we made are going to make a big difference for my scores" He ended up inheriting the 24 degree R mid launch hybrid out of my bag.

He has been playing baseball up unitl last week practice 3x times per week and tournaments on the weekends. He has 3 weeks off before starting fall baseball. He has grown 5 inches and gained 20 lbs this year.  I expect him to grow a few more inches and gain a lot more muscle massY ) ***club head speed) in the next year. I really did not want to buy a new hybrid for him to play 10-12 rounds between now and next Summer.

I appreciate everyones input.

• 5190 points

Here is the answer I got from Bubba over at Titliest Webpage.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the question.

Assuming every club, yours and your sons, is a 910, then yes, the shafts are interchangeable. However, it has to be the same type of club, i.e. a driver adapter will not work in a FWY head.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Bubba

Bubba Kroeger

Team Titleist Staff

• 1750 points

19hole
    Unfortunately you were given bad information. All of the 910 series clubs use the same Sure-Fit Tour shaft adapters. When Titleist went to the 913 series of clubs the only shafts from the 910 series that could be used were the driver shafts on the new drivers. The fairway and hybrid shafts on the new 913 series are different from the 910.

I also agree with your statements on 913 drivers work with 910 models.  913 fairways/hybrids are not compatible.  

•  

FYI - I have been told that the 913 shafts will work with the 915's. Drivers/woods/hybrids. Counting the days until the 915 release.

TH

• 1750 points

That's good info Tyler thanks.  What made me wait for the 913's over the 910 was the better quality shafts offered in the 913 for no additional charge.  I'm assuming they are going to offer after market shafts at no additional charge for the 915's like they did for the 913's?  For example, the Diamana White board was available for 913 for no upcharge and that can be a $200-$300 upcharge in years past and shafts that level were not offered when 910 came out.  Also truly after market shafts not the ones "made for Titleist."

• 428 points

I've been playing with my 910d3 driver for quite some time now and didn't upgrade to the 913 because I've been waiting for the 915. Tyler, I'm am hopeful that you are correct because I love the shaft that I have on my 910 and would love to bring it over to my 915 if it isn't offered as a standard shaft.