Forums

It's been 34 years.....

•  

Since Caddyshack  came out....and in my opinion still the funniest golf movie ever.

• 1827 points

Lacy Underall at the pool....priceless

•  

Have you seen the uncut version...Lacy knocks you socks off in that one......agree it is the funniest golf movie ever.....the judge is da man......I play golf with a old friend who is a judge and I have to use that phrase at least once in a round; "your honor, your honor"....

•  

Carl Spackler aka Bill Murray alive and well, living and playing golf in the Charleston, SC area.....part owner of our local minor league Yankees baseball team.......also plays in local charity golf tournaments and has been seen playing at our local muni where I play.......

October 2013.....ProAm Jam, Daniel Island CC, Charleston, SC

• 530 points

^ I heard he caddied for the Dalai Lama one time, said he was a big hitter

• 1723 points

ChuckZ
    Carl Spackler aka Bill Murray alive and well, living and playing golf in the Charleston, SC area.....part owner of our local minor league Yankees baseball team.......also plays in local charity golf tournaments and has been seen playing at our local muni where I play.......

October 2013.....ProAm Jam, Daniel Island CC, Charleston, SC

Cool pics Chuck, I bet he is crazy to meet in person.  

• 1723 points

Great movie, have gotten a lot of miles out of the quotes from Caddyshack over the years for sure!!

•  

They just don't make them like they use to.

•  

ChuckZ
    Have you seen the uncut version...Lacy knocks you socks off in that one......agree it is the funniest golf movie ever.....the judge is da man......I play golf with a old friend who is a judge and I have to use that phrase at least once in a round; "your honor, your honor"....

"It looks good on you."

•  
    Have yet to sit through it all!
  •  

TNT009
    Have yet to sit through it all!

Me either. Used to be a Bill Murray fan when he was on SNL years ago, but I think he's way over the top now.

• 5238 points

Murray's finest moments before the camera for sure...

•  

This is one of the funnier Bill Murray roles ever.  With my love of golf, and extremely juvenile sense of humor, this movie just clicks with me.  I can't believe it has been 34 years since it was released!

•  

Ty Webb is, and always has been, my idol.  

•  

golfchick
    TNT009Have yet to sit through it all!

Me either. Used to be a Bill Murray fan when he was on SNL years ago, but I think he's way over the top now.

What? Seriously. You just have to have a couple adult beverages and then watch the movie. It is over the top, but if you remember its a 34 year old laugh fest with zero violence of animated stuff, its a hoot.