• 5190 points

What makes you lucky?

Pair of socks?

Hard work?

Shirt?

Hat?

Ball marker?

• 1843 points

Wasn't it Sam Snead who said the more I practice the luckier I get?

It would seem reasonable to me that Sam had it right.

• 1942 points

If you've seen me play golf lately, nothing would make me lucky.  

But I do have a couple of habits that I follow no matter what.  J&J waterproof tape on my right ring and middle finger.  Scotty divot tool in my left front pocket.  Quarter as a ball marker in right pocket.  I will only use white, wood tees.  When putting, glove goes in back left pocket and I tap my left hip as I set up for the putt.  

•  

I am lucky because I believe I am.

•  

Not exactly luck, but more an inspiration:

Titleist/FJ Hat

FootJoy Apparels

FootJoy/MyJoys shoes and socks.

Other than that, I like what joshgiano said...  I am! :-)

•  

Alcohol, low lights, and the ability to deliver a line with sincerity

• 536 points

Lucky shirt for sure, my best rounds have all been in the same shirt. I have a red Tiger Woods polo like the one he wore at the 2006 Open

•  

Never think about luck, good or bad.  I did whatever myself.  So let it be.

•  

bholley
    Alcohol, low lights, and the ability to deliver a line with sincerity

This is truly the best response to a question in the 5 years of the Community. It surely needs to become the mantra of everyone.

Well played sir.

•  

Tar Heel
    bholleyAlcohol, low lights, and the ability to deliver a line with sincerity

This is truly the best response to a question in the 5 years of the Community. It surely needs to become the mantra of everyone.

Well played sir.

There have been better but Devin blocked them. I am serving a life with no parole term in "Double Secret Moderation"

• 5247 points

Tar Heel
    bholleyAlcohol, low lights, and the ability to deliver a line with sincerity

Well played sir.

Holley for President..

•  

Am I superstitious? Absolutely.  How about luck? You can never count on it.  I believe that we make our own luck and just take the cards as they are dealt to us.