Forums

How many golf Balls do you keep in your bag?

• 51 points

5 or 6 sleeves of V1's / NXT's, plus a separate pocket with "loosies" that are a mixture of giveaway balls with logos.  Once I developed enough confidence to carry hazards with a V1, I've been hanging on to the various freebies from client events.

• 798 points

Dozen

• 5255 points

xhooper
    Find any rotten bananas in there, Pete?  LOL.

No bananas but indo once leave a sweat soaked shirt in the apparel pocket after a round (August 90 plus degrees 99% humidity, Bethpage weekend six hour round. I brought a fresh shirt knowing it would be a long long round) and forgot about it until.....six months later!! Nothing like moldy mildewed Lacoste to perk up my prep for a winter golf getaway!!!!

I needed the finest on Hazmat suiting from Foot Joy to approach that thing..

•  

5 or 6 new ones. My superstition is that I always keep some 4-numbered balls for the par 3s. Somehow, on each of my aces, the ball number I used has matched the ace number: #1 ball on the first one, #2 on the second, #3 on the third.

I'm quite certain it makes a difference. :-/

• 4399 points

ChuckZ
    etakmitMy last count  ... 4-5 dozen.

Yep you read that right  40+ golf balls.  Why?  Well I *used* to go through nearly a dozen a round.  Nowadays?  If I'm having a bad day I'll go through 3-4.  But otherwise I can get away with just 1-2.

I think it's just a leftover from days past.  I keep two types of golf balls in my bag.  The ProV1x's that I've grown fond of (and got free from LostGolfballs.com contest) and my bright orange Volviks for those days where nothing is staying even close to findable (or scrambles where I can just fire away if we're safe).

But I could feasibly cut my count in half and have a far lighter golf bag!  I just don't.  Maybe it's mental?

Need to think positive.....golf is 90% mental and 10% game......sounds like you have having fun......and that is what golf is all about......and deep pockets.....ha...ha...

Oh I always have fun!  Even on the *rough* days!   Because there's always that one shot (or hopefully far more than one) that keeps you coming back.  Because you just know that you can do it again!

I'm ecstatic that I routinely make it through a round with same ball nowadays.  It shows a good trend in my game :)

• 1581 points

I always carry six balls and a spare sleeve.  Titleist Pro V1x, only #8's.  On most days at my club I can make it through a round with one ball.  Like Devin and ChuckZ I won't take a ball out of play with a little scuff unless its in a tournament round.  Always start the round with a new ball.   So the next question is how many dozen do you go through in a years time.  I generally play 70-80 rounds a year and usually use no more than 6-7 dozen a season.

•  

golfchick
    Somehow, on each of my aces, the ball number I used has matched the ace number: #1 ball on the first one, #2 on the second, #3 on the third. I'm quite certain it makes a difference. :-/

It's all making sense now... I always play #2 balls and have never had an Ace!  I guess I should switch to using #1 balls (at least on the par 3's).  How did I not figure this out on my own!!!  ha ha

• 1759 points

golfchick
    5 or 6 new ones. My superstition is that I always keep some 4-numbered balls for the par 3s. Somehow, on each of my aces, the ball number I used has matched the ace number: #1 ball on the first one, #2 on the second, #3 on the third.

I'm quite certain it makes a difference. :-/

Thats a good philosophy, I like it!!

•  

jgabb
    5 or 6 sleeves of V1's / NXT's, plus a separate pocket with "loosies" that are a mixture of giveaway balls with logos.  Once I developed enough confidence to carry hazards with a V1, I've been hanging on to the various freebies from client events.

Welcome to the FJ community.  Stay involved and have some fun with the rest of us nuts that love our FJ products and have a passion for golf.   A very interesting avatar.  Trying to identify the background.  Cheers....chuck   :-)

• 2763 points

I start out with a dozen in the bag and when I get down to 4 I reload back to a dozen.

•  

Around a dozen for me either #1 or #3.

Did find a "lord knows how old banana" once in my ball section and that wasn't vert nice. Can't remember the smell ever going away!

•  

usually 6-9 and really only use 3-4 in a round if that many...

if I'm playing in a scramble I'll put a few more in just because I'm apt to try something stupid and may lose a few

• 2568 points

I usually carry 6 balls and will play them several rounds apiece.  I have been thinking of carrying less on my home course since i figure if I lost a few there is also the proshop at the turn.  On away games i may carry a few more.  If playing an event I may bring a new sleeve from the locker.  As a club carrier I need to make sure i get rid od the older balls to keep it around 6.  Have 5 gal buckets at home with assorted older balls and not sure what to do with all those.

•  

I keep about 6-9 in the bag.  It's more than I need, but it's always better to have too many than too few.