Forums

How many golf Balls do you keep in your bag?

•  
    It depends on where I'm playing, but I will generally carry more than I will need. About a dozen or so in my cart bag and a few sleeves in my carry bag. I don't lose many balls, but it seems when I do lose one, I lose a few all at one time.
  •  

I usually have around 7- 9 balls, always an odd #. Sometimes more, if I am playing a new course.

•  

Usually have 3-4 new balls, 4-5 good used one I use to practice chipping before the round, then again they come in handy when the day has gone to H___L.

•  

Yikes! I probably have a couple of dozen but I probably only entertain using 2-3 a round.

We have caddies where I play and whenever they find a ball they put it into my bag; out of the way from the good balls.  I'm definitely due for a major clean out or just a new bag.

• 2034 points

pistolpete
    My bag used to be a golf hoarders delight. Bulging ball pockets, a million tees, half a dozen gloves and scorecards and bag tags from a ton of courses jammed into a pocket or hanging on a bag lanyard.

Then one day I went play ay a lovely course where caddies were a requirement. Two caddies to a foursome. When the caddy carrying my bag picked it up on the first tee, he immediately put it down, looked at me, and asked if I would mind lightening it up a bit. The starter took out a club logoed plastic bag and handed it to me. I started emptying out balls, more balls, tees, other detritus, and yep, more balls! With that embarrassment and a considerably lighter golf bag in hand, I vow to keep it light! Maybe a sleeve or two of balls and a handful of tees...now I have to figure out what to do with all those scorecards..!!

Guilty as charged.  I have the Titleist mini staff bag loaded down.  But I do have a Titleist walking bag that I take on vacations and would break out if I had to play somewhere with mandatory caddies.  Like others have said I generally don't lose many balls and will play a scuffed ball through the round unless its really damaged.  I just recently went through the bag and still had brand new ProV1's and X's from the last 2 black alignment style series so I shifted those to the top and will try to use those first now.  I guess too many ProV's is a good problem to have!!

• 551 points

I try not to have more than 12 balls in my bag, 6 Pro-V1x/ 6 Don't mind if I splash it in the pond balls.

If I lose all 12 balls... I'm walking off the course

• 421 points

They wauy I've been hitting I should keep a 15 pack to get through 18.

• 1611 points

Usually 2 to 3 sleeves of new balls and a bunch of used balls...     Start off with a new one and if i lose it, i go to the used ball selections..  

• 1720 points

I bring along a new sleeve of ProV's and will have four or five older ProV balls already in the bag.  Slight scuffs do not bother me, it is those gouges that I hate.  After a couple of rounds, I will take out some of the older ones and put new balls into play.  And having too many ProV's is not a bad thing at all.  I need to get a new shag bag due to the rather large paper bag I have growing in my golf closet.

•  

12 balls is my standard...never know what happens! I do rotate balls as I use them, I find they make great shag bag balls after used a couple of times.

•  

I usually keep 9-12 balls in my bag.  Better to be safe than sorry.

• 4586 points

My last count  ... 4-5 dozen.

Yep you read that right  40+ golf balls.  Why?  Well I *used* to go through nearly a dozen a round.  Nowadays?  If I'm having a bad day I'll go through 3-4.  But otherwise I can get away with just 1-2.

I think it's just a leftover from days past.  I keep two types of golf balls in my bag.  The ProV1x's that I've grown fond of (and got free from LostGolfballs.com contest) and my bright orange Volviks for those days where nothing is staying even close to findable (or scrambles where I can just fire away if we're safe).

But I could feasibly cut my count in half and have a far lighter golf bag!  I just don't.  Maybe it's mental?

•  

etakmit
    My last count  ... 4-5 dozen.

Yep you read that right  40+ golf balls.  Why?  Well I *used* to go through nearly a dozen a round.  Nowadays?  If I'm having a bad day I'll go through 3-4.  But otherwise I can get away with just 1-2.

I think it's just a leftover from days past.  I keep two types of golf balls in my bag.  The ProV1x's that I've grown fond of (and got free from LostGolfballs.com contest) and my bright orange Volviks for those days where nothing is staying even close to findable (or scrambles where I can just fire away if we're safe).

But I could feasibly cut my count in half and have a far lighter golf bag!  I just don't.  Maybe it's mental?

Need to think positive.....golf is 90% mental and 10% game......sounds like you have having fun......and that is what golf is all about......and deep pockets.....ha...ha...

•  

For me it depends if I am walking or riding in a cart.  In the summertime when I am riding in a cart most of the time, I will tend to just stick a dozen in my bag so they are available.  Once I work through the inventory, I will replace it with another dozen.  If I am walking, the dozen is generally replaced by a sleeve to keep the weight down.  There are also several scuffed up balls in my bag from hitting cart paths, etc. that I keep around just in case it's a bad day with a lot of wayward shots.... you never know when that will happen!

• 749 points

Great question I would say 12 at the most!