Forums

Caddy and Player Discuss Putt

• 1951 points

Yesterday, my son played in a Local US Kids Tour Event at our home course, Cobblestone.  He finished last, shooting a 69 for 9 holes in the 6 and under age group.  The winner shot a 37 and was only 5 years old.  My son still has me beat though, the first time I played 9, I was 14 and shot a 72.  He had a lot of fun and wants to get back out there.  Good for him.  

The very stylish caddy (me), was sporting a Lisle Feeder Stripe shirt, Pro Dry sports, and XPS-1s.  My son wants Santa to replace his current non-FJ spikes with a pair of Superlites for Christmas.  He was playing a Pro V1x that I gave him, he thought it was the coolest thing.

•  
    Thanks for sharing the story. Great to see the kids starting young. My oldest is 7 and just getting started and I look forward to similar times with him. This is a great sport to share with your kiddos and one you can play together for many years.
  •  

What a wonderful photo. Congratulations to your boy, and to you for being his caddie. My dad is the one who encouraged me to learn and play. I will never forget, and always be grateful.

• 1951 points

Photo credit goes to my lovely life who was trailing us in the cart along with my younger son.  The youngest isn't tournament ready yet.  He's more athletically gifted than my elder son, but he's not as interested in golf.  He likes it, but says "it takes too long."  

I'm looking forward to the days when the 3 of us are playing regularly.  I give them both a couple of years and I'll probably be losing to them routinely.

• 5130 points

Great memories for you and your son. I really enjoy watching my kids play as well.  They are so care free -- i'm the only one stressed ;)

• 4405 points

Great picture and story!  My 12 year old stepson comes and goes with golf.  He's a perfectionist and since he isn't great at it (who is?) he gets real mad.  We take the good days though and try to make those ones stick.  

•  

What a great memory for you and your son. Maybe a pair of kid's DNA are needed.

•  

Great pic! Sounds like a great memory to put in the collection!

•  

Precious!

Thank you for sharing.

•  

Great picture! great story, hold on to the memory, they grew up fast :)

• 1951 points

Thanks everyone for your nice comments.  They are much appreciated and why the FJC is a great place.

•  

Thanks for sharing this moment, with the FJC. Nice photo.

• 1759 points

Cool story kmcmellen

kmcmellen
    Thanks everyone for your nice comments.  They are much appreciated and why the FJC is a great place.

Kmcmellen; great story!!  What an awesome feeling and my girls are 4 & 1 and love to hit them around in the yard with me.  I can't wait til the opportunity you just had to get out on the course.  I'm just going to have to figure out how to not be the one who is more excited than they are but doubt that will happen so I will have to put on my parent poker face!!!  Best of luck to your son in future rounds!!!

• 5255 points

What a lovely photo! Captures the intimacy,bonding, and love that can arise and develop and deepen as a parent and child engage in a mission of joy: having fun playing a game together!

•  

Awesome, and the key is he wants to get back out there.......love that positive attitude.......family golf, meant to be fun and sounds like it was.............cheers....chuck  :-)