Forums

Hurricane season

• 4846 points

Anyone worried about where to play during a hurricane season is welcome to come to Texas. It will be hot and dry here. I will host.

•  

We just play from the short tees into the wind and the long tees with the wind, during hurricane season in the Carolinas.......makes an interesting golf season, which runs from June to November.......of course tourist season runs about the same time...May through September........30% chance of Isolated Thunderstorms for the afternoons 80% of the time during this time of the year........life is good, you grin and bare it........and I know darn well that the hurricanes hit the coast along Galvaston........guess the only hurricane you get in Dallas come in a tall glass.......

•  

We have to travel down from Dallas to New Orleans to get the real hurricanes in a glass, Chuck.  On the other hand, it can get pretty windy up here so we get some decent practice playing the ball with a lot of wind and really learning to flight the ball.  Keep 'em low and let 'em roll...or hit 'em high and let 'em fly... depending upon the wind.

• 1739 points

There is a small chance I may be in the DFW area for a conference in September.  May have to pack the clubs...

• 4846 points

September is a great time to play here. Stay an extra day and let's play.

•  

Mike_C
    We have to travel down from Dallas to New Orleans to get the real hurricanes in a glass, Chuck.  On the other hand, it can get pretty windy up here so we get some decent practice playing the ball with a lot of wind and really learning to flight the ball.  Keep 'em low and let 'em roll...or hit 'em high and let 'em fly... depending upon the wind.

Pat Obriens, right......New Orleans does not need an excuse for a party......love that city.....used to drive down from Memphis, when I lived there.....fun, fun, fun......

• 1739 points

MarkWDallasTx
    September is a great time to play here. Stay an extra day and let's play.

If I come out for the conference, absolutely.  

• 4925 points

Yikes. Please don't scare me into playing golf ;) i hope it just heads out to sea. Then I'm happy enough to play golf on dry land!

•  

Hurricanes, It is all part of the deal.  That is why I have my DryJoy gear always ready.

•  

My outerwear is always in the bag........ Arthur passed Charleston and headed for the outterbanks......hope you guys along the northern coast get nothing more that a little wind and rain.....even thought he is offically a category 1 hurricane, maybe he will just ease up the coast and head out to sea.....we just grin and bare it this time of the year along the coast and hope the big does not come........

• 195 points

Best wishes to the East Coasters with Hurricane Arthur.  On the West Coast now where hurricanes aren't much of a threat, but remember the warnings, winds and rains growing up in NC.

• 4180 points

Spent my college years in Tampa.  We never saw an actual hurricane.  They seem to prefer the eastern side of the state/country.  It was definitely no fun though when the weather changed.  And I know all too well the chance of thunderstorms every night and humidity that'd drench you just walking out of the door!  You do what you have to in order to play though :)

• 5052 points

Sunny here on Cape Cod this morning - The humidity has been positively Southern the last couple of days and conditions are seemingly ripe for a storm. But looks like the NOAA folks see the track of this storm over the next few days as easterly and away from the land...