Forums

World Cup Soccer

•  

Sweet, after today I will not have to hear about soccer for 4 years!

•  

The number of grown men falling down and crying like little babies has come to a stop at least for 4 years

•  

Whaql1
    Sweet, after today I will not have to hear about soccer for 4 years!

Calm down there caveman.  Soccer is a great sport when you get away from the floppers.

I'll be posting soccer to my FB when Amber reportsat ECU

TT

• 4846 points

This world cup was quite interesting to watch. I think soccer is a more global sport and has a huge audience. With the concussion storm brewing I could see American Football waning and Soccer gaining traction in the U.S.

I watch my niece play as often was Auburn is televised; that would only be 3 times this Fall. Go Tigers.

•  

bholley
    The number of grown men falling down and crying like little babies has come to a stop at least for 4 years

I see that happening all the time on putting greens on the course........naw....it won't stop.......ha...ha....

• 5052 points

MarkWDallasTx
    This world cup was quite interesting to watch. I think soccer is a more global sport and has a huge audience. With the concussion storm brewing I could see American Football waning and Soccer gaining traction in the U.S.

I watch my niece play as often was Auburn is televised; that would only be 3 times this Fall. Go Tigers.

Soccer has its own concussion controversy that is slowly coming to the mainstream of public awareness. Follow this link to an interesting article originally published in "Business Insider":

www.slate.com/.../fifa_substitution_rules_in_soccer_endanger_players_who_suffer_from_head.html

•  

Waiting for the real World Cup

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/

•  

bholley
    Waiting for the real World Cup

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/

Bruce:  Have you ever watched Australian rules football......a little on the rough side of rugby.....those guys are nuts.......