Forums

World Cup Soccer

• 1660 points

Ya the Portugal game was very entertaining and US should have won that many times and sad to see the position they fell into for the round of 16.  Belgium was a hot team!

•  

Should be a great semi finals:  Germany vs Brazil and Netherlands vs Argentina........I like Germany and Netherlands in the finals........with Germany winning it all this time.......regardless of the outcome, it has been fun....

•  

I hear there is going to be a Sponge Bob marathon. Still probably more screaming and whinning going on at the world cup

• 5177 points

I am rooting for an all South American final - I figure the South American economy jolted positively by the resulting week long celebration will have more positive effect on our own economy...As for a winner: go Brazil!!

•  

Germany - 7 Brazil - 1, who would have thought that score.......five nil at half time.......that's the way the ball bounces......pun

•  

And in the US:

MFLLhHrr355

• 5177 points

pistolpete
    I am rooting for an all South American final - I figure the South American economy jolted positively by the resulting week long celebration will have more positive effect on our own economy...As for a winner: go Brazil!!

uh, whoops! The period of national mourning in Brazil will commence immediately.....I will be sure to let everyone know who I think will win the next big sporting contest so you all can make money taking the OTHER SIDE OF THE BET!!! The last time Brazil lost a World Cup game this badly was in 1920....

• 530 points

People who love soccer are the same ones that think watching golf is the most boring thing on TV... I don't get it. Don't care for Ann Coulter but her article on Soccer was spot on.

• 5068 points

Holy cow. Germany decimated  Brazil. What a shocker. I think they let up in the second half or it would have been grim. 7-1 was bad 10 - 0 or 10 - 1 would have been riots in the street.

•  

Is this still going on? ;)

•  

As an exception to the norm, I enjoy watching both Soccer and Golf, I found that match almost painful to watch. Germany took their foot off the gas and still blew out Brazil. I am hoping that today's match is better.

This should set up an interesting final. It also lends some credence to the fact that the USMNT is better than most thought. Some Key injuries and missed opportunities kept them from the final few matches. Not bad for a country where soccer is the most widely played game but comes in way behind football, baseball and basketball for national attention.

•  

Another exception to the norm, enjoy most sports including futbol and football....try to be openminded.....with cable you get to experience a lot of different sports from all over the world......  :-)

• 5068 points

I am looking forward to the Championship match. Soccer is like The MLB World Series I am not going to watch a a lot of the games but I will tune in to watch the play offs and final match.

• 1660 points

The inner Offense junky that I am struggled watching the Argentina & Netherlands game.  The penalty kicks part was cool but 120 minutes of game time without a goal is pretty low action level.  

•  

As I walked in the house after driving 5.5 hours from Knoxville, I saw the score Germany 1, Argentina  0.....pretty happy with the outcome, because after our loss to Germany I had them all the way to win it all.........wish I could have seen it....would love to go there some day and do a little research on my family's history.......congrats to Germany....looks like they could be the team to beat in the next World Cup......for those who do not care for futbol...now it is over.....  :-)