Forums

World Cup Soccer

• 5235 points

USA USA USA

•  

First Kick has begun. Soggy but good conditions overall for this one.

•  

MarkWDallasTx
    USA USA USA

Absolutely......love to see a win, but happy with a draw.......what a matchup....learned alot about futball recently.....futball players make great divers, so they should go out for swimming or should get an Academy award for acting........futball player taste better with grey pupon, what a farce, a player of his caliber should kicked out of soccer......I've seen him play for Liverpool and there is no need for this.......futball is a rough sport and there is not enough padding to get my soft body out on the pitch running for 45 minutes times two plus penalty time.......and I thought that is what you did with a baseball.....I'm just sayin'  

• 1858 points

It's half time and all is well.

•  

If it ends like this I'm ok....we're in.....and the biter got a 4 month suspension and a 100,000 swiss fancs fine, and I have no idea how much that is.....but that will be nine games........he deserved more for his thired offense.......go go USA....play smartly......

•  

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOO......USA advances......USA advances.........

•  

USA loses. And advances? I just don't get soccer.....

• 5264 points

Like wild card in baseball, toprow teams in each bracket advance..

•  

.USA plays New Zealand All Blacks November 1 at Soldier Field.

•  

Randy - I'm with you.  It may be popular around the world, but I don't get it.  Find it as exciting to watch as paint drying or even watching the grass grow.   I certainly respect the athletic ability of the players, but I don't enjoy watching it at all.  The diving is utterly ridiculous, and the subjective extra injury time makes no sense at all.   In fact, what does the clock mean anyway????  They play until the ref says that it's over.  Makes no sense....

•  

Don't forget the FIFA corruption.  

•  

Another thing I learned is another use for shaving cream........this system for deciding who plays on is wierd to say the least.....but afterall its, futbol.........as I sit here watching the NBA draft of a bunch of college freshman........oops, they just picked a sophmore.......now there is a sport that just not what it used to be....I guess I'm just getting old.....

•  

I believe that we will...play to a draw! Oh wait... I believe that we will lose...but move on!

•  

Whaql1
    I believe that we will...play to a draw! Oh wait... I believe that we will lose...but move on!

Any different than an NFL team losing on the final week of the season but getting in because someone else lost?  If Ghana had won they would have advanced instead.

•  

I like the "Suarez bite" but it didn't help his team at all. The world cup is for professional Flopper' only. If you can't flop like you are really hurt, your team won't win the game ?