Forums

New CUP event for the women -- how would the US women fare?

•  

While it doesn't exist yet, and I'm not sure if it ever will, how do you think the US women would fare in a Cup type event against Asian women.

We all know that it seems there has been quite the influx of Asian women to the LPGA Tour and with so many of them finding success on Tour it got me to thinking as to how our women would do against the Asians

What do you think??

•  

Great question, I'm not sure but I am anxious to see what the rest of the FJC thinks

•  

I don't know I'm bias, but I think they would do quite well. Look at the Solheim Cup, the Americans played as a team, not as individuals. I don't know if it was pride in the USA or if they were just relaxed and having fun.

•  

It's not looking like a posting too many people are interested in commenting on...

Oh well...

•  

Just in case you are losing heart. Was watching the golf channel the other day and this subject came up. What they ( some of the commentators ) believe is that in the near future, the LPGA will be based in Korea. The thinking is that with all the Asian playyers currently playing and the extremely high interest and particcipation of Asian golfers, both here and abroad, that the big money and the sponsors are going to be in Korea. That doesn't bode well for the USA. I would hope that the LPGA resolves their problems and gets a new president that can rally the troops and get more sponsors here and more tournaments. We also need to help promote more interest in the LPGA and that may be the hardest part.

•  

I don't think they will make a cup for Americans vs Asians, what about the rest of the world?  Asians vs the ROTW

•  

EMKelly0106

I don't think they will make a cup for Americans vs Asians, what about the rest of the world?  Asians vs the ROTW

That's not a bad idea. Might just work and get some much needed interest in the LPGA