Forums

Caddyshack 2... a bad rap?

•  

I think it's awful but could it be simply because the first one set the bar so high?

•  

For me, I think it's one those movies that should have never had a sequel.  Kind of like Dumb and Dumber... once they added the other two ("Dumb and Dumberer" and then "When Harry Met Floyd" or something along those lines) they were terrible and the original is the only one I will watch.

•  

Not a bad rap, because Caddyshack 2 stunk and the original was so good. I think this was a case of a movie company trying to made money off the success of the first movie.

•  

have to agree, it was not good and is not getting a bad rap as the movie deserves the rap it is getting.  Same as Slapshot 2 (I'm a hockey fan).

both movies did not do their originals any justice.

•  

I would agree. It just doesn't make the grade. As Kelly stated, they should have left it alone. It is worse than a bad rerun.

•  

Really a terrible movie. Possibly the worst sequel ever made.

•  

You just can't take an iconic movie like Caddy Shack and make a sequal. Would Ferris Buehler II or Fast Times at Ridgemont High II stack up to the original? You just can not mess with perfection, and subsequently, you shouldn't.

•  

Agree with what everyone is saying...pretty much you cannot easily keep up with a masterpiece so just leave enough alone and move on to the next one! 

• 163 points

Definitely not a bad rap. Just a bad movie. Check that, a really, really bad movie.

•  

Caddyshack was so good that it would be hard to make a sequel.  However, this was just a really bad movie.  As others have stated, the studio just wanted to make more money.

•  

Just a bad movie.  They should have quite while they were ahead with the classic!

•  

Can anyone actually name a really good scene in this movie?

The only one that comes to mind to me is the putt putt hole with the hockey players and Dennis Quaid fit right in with the cardboard cutouts and than jumped onto the ice and beat the crap out of Robert Stack.

Very funny to me as I'm an avid hockey player/fan.

•  

That movie was as funny as an.....................................Audit.

•  

cu11209, Welcome to the Forum. Hope this turns out to be a great experience for you.

•  

Welch222

Just a bad movie.  They should have quite while they were ahead with the classic!

Agreed.  I cant even stand to watch the 2nd one because its so bad.