Forums

Hot Springs outing

•  

How are the courses!! Have a quickfire trip to Little Rock planned for November.

•  

Courses are really nice.  They took a ton of rain, but they were still "playable" enough for us.  There was no lightning so we played on in our FJ gear.  First two days were constant rain, but we go in both matches.  Last day was nice.  The matching rain gear was accidental, I assure you.  I forgot my khaki colored rain gear, so I couldn't wear it for this trip.

The ball was sticking...

•  

How did the 2 of you fair? I know Tim doesn't settle for anything less than a shutout.

TH

•  

We lost our Friday four ball match by a score of 1 up to the other team's best two players.  We won our Saturday four ball match by a score of 3&2.  Tim won his singles match.  The score was 4&3.  I won my singles match 7&5.

•  

Excellent Scott

•  
    Tim is just piggy backing off Scott... ;)
  •  

Where was Noah's ark?

•  

We could not have played any worse to lose a point to their best two players.  Our whole team only gave up two points for the three days.  

This fella was not amused.    But it was the middle of the fairway.

TT

•  

Nice photos of the course!

•  

Really outstanding courses.  Will get back over there to play them when dry.  Views were awesome.

TT

•  

Wow.  I haven't seen a course with that much water since we played in RI.  Glad you were still able to get the matches in.  Looks like a pretty nice and fun course.

•  

Looks like y'all had fun.  Great pictures!!!

•  

Really great courses and the whole trip was very inexpensive with rental house and golf all included.  There were more pictures to post, but I am lazy.  

Might be a good place for a FJA get together.

TT

•  

I would recommend Hot Springs Village for any group looking for an outing.  There are 9 great courses within the gated community.  And, like Tim said, the package deals are very inexpensive.

•  

Now I'm confused.  Did you guys road trip to Hot Springs or to Hot Springs Village?  If the latter, I did not recognize the courses and I've played there four of the last five springs.  We usually play 7 of the 9 courses:  Mon pm, two on Tues, one on Wed, two on Thurs, and one on Fri.  We don't play Coronado because it is an executive length course and prefer Isabella, Grenada, Cortez and Ponce de Leon.  We've been lucky enough the past two years to get onto Diamante CC, the private course.  Great fun and good golf.