Forums

New Driver

• 1690 points

I just pulled the strings on a new driver and it should be here by end of next week.  I visited several demo days in Tulsa and hit everything that was offered by all the manufacturers.  I even got to hit many upgrade and exotic shafts since I work in the golf business and was with several of my course professionals.  And in the end I chose the Cobra BioCell driver with the Aldila Blue Tour nxt Gen shaft.  Now to wait another month and get the new irons I have been hitting.  I love new eqipment summer, it is as exciting as buying a new car.  Have a great summer people, hit em straight and wear out your FJ's.  

• 1897 points

Congratulations on finding a setup you have confidence in.

•  

Nice. I have heard a couple solid reviews on that driver of late from some quality players. Glad it will suit you as well CT.

• 5312 points

Congrats C! I got my driver a few months ago and am really loving the shaft/head that I purchased: 913D3 with a Graphite Design DI-6S shaft. A new driver/technology will definitely give you the opportunity to step up your game.

•  

I did like that driver, also.  Mainly the low spin... Congratulations!  You're on your way to a fun summer!

•  

Have heard good reviews on the Cobra by guys who have purchased them....if it fits your game, by all means, go for it.....lots of fairways, CT......

• 5458 points

Buying golf clubs is way more exciting than buying a new car. Congrats on the new clubs.

• 1690 points

Thanks everybody.  I hit everything out there and liked this set up, so I pulled the trigger.  It should be here Friday or early next week.  I am ready to get it out and hit it around for a while.  Gonna be a fun summer for sure. Doing a clean sweep of everything int he bag.  Sure glad I get a discount on equipment.  

• 5330 points

MarkWDallasTx
    Buying golf clubs is way more exciting than buying a new car. Congrats on the new clubs.

And generally cheaper!!

• 1000 points

pistolpete
    MarkWDallasTxBuying golf clubs is way more exciting than buying a new car. Congrats on the new clubs.

And generally cheaper!!

Although the price gap seems to be narrowing!  LOL.

• 4468 points

Ive been kind of surprised at how well the Cobra stuff has been getting reviewed recently.  It's definitely worth a look for anyone in the market.

• 1690 points

I got the driver in today and am heading out now to give her the first hits.  nice and shiny blue.  Will get some pics and post them up laters.  

•  

Keep it in the short grass!

•  

good luck with the new big stick...play well this year....

• 1690 points

Here is a picture of the new Cobra Bio Cell driver I got.  Will get some in use pics to share.  I love this thing.  Was killing fairways today, hit 12 of 14 possible.