Forums

MY FIRST FITTING COMING UP

•  

Sure that you will be pleased.  Was fitted for my last two new sets of clubs.  We enjoyed each other much more.  What are you weapons of choice?

•  

Well, hopefully by now you have been given many pearls of wisdom from a highly qualified and good club fitter. My hope is this didn't confuse, but rather gave clarity to what you truly should be using.

•  

Well the fitting went well today.  I went to Old Stonewall in Ellwood City, PA. and was fitted by Sean Swidzinski - PGA Professional. www.oldestonewall.com/welcome.php

He used the Mizuno fitting system which was excellent.  After about an hour, I settled on the Mizuno JPX 825 irons, 5-AW with Nippon NS PRO 1150 regular shafts, standard length and 2* flat.  Once I got tuned in it was like a Ralph Cramden (Jackie Gleason) shot....."Bam! Zoom! To The Moon, Alice!!!"

I hit the Mizuno 825's,Mizuno EZ's, Taylormade Speedblades, Titleist AP1's and Nike Covert's. The Mizuno 825's were best distance, flight and control for me.

He also gave me a few minor pointers which greatly helped.

All in all it was a great experience and I am glad I did it.

•  

Mizuno makes some really nice irons......congrats...that handicap should start coming down soon.......  :-)