Forums

Grips

• 573 points

I'm looking to put new grips on my clubs and I was wondering if any one had any sugestions as to what kind to look at or brand to look into. I know everybody likes something diffrent, but if I can get some to look into that would great help.

•  

I really like the Golf Pride multi-compound ones.  They are a little more expensive but are awesome, even when it's wet.

•  

I'm a big fan of Golf Pride New Dimension. Some people think that they have too much cord in them, but I am used to them so they don't beat my hands up any more. The downside to them is that they are pretty expensive.

Look at http://www.golfsmith.com/cm/display/category/cm/grips , they list a lot of grips on the site.

•  

I've recently switched to the Lamkin Tour Wrap, they're easy to maintain and last a long time.

Warm water and soap cleans them up like new and they regain their tackiness for good grip.

•  

I would recommend that you try several different ones on certain clubs to find the ones you like best. It would more economical for you  and what works best for you may not work for others.  We all have preferences and trying to decide who gives the best recommendation is difficult, at best, to say the least. It worked for me. The one that I would not suggest is leather. It is a tough one to handle and when they get wet they are miserable.