Forums

My Golfing Journey.

•  

Well Dun Don!!!!!     I'm about ready to start getting back out with ya! Maybe I should try the 150 ball drill!!  Love the OrangE outfit from last week!

•  

TNT009
    Well Dun Don!!!!!     I'm about ready to start getting back out with ya! Maybe I should try the 150 ball drill!!  Love the OrangE outfit from last week!

Thanks Todd, maybe Friday? We still have free rounds at Carmel Mt. Ranch and Sycuan.

•  

I'm game, as long as were don't by 3:30, gotta get paid to watch the Padres loose!

•  

bholley
    Oops look out handicap

Yep! Congrats though Don, that is some great playing shooting in the 60's is good no matter where you are, I have found it is mostly mental to get over that hump! (if you are a low handicapper)  

•  

Great round Don.  Keep the positive thoughts and vibes and get that handicap gone.

I'll be in Long Beach May 5-10 for a conference.  Hope the weather is perfect for a couple of "meetings"  ;)

TT

• 1652 points

Outstanding round.  Good to hear that your practice and hard work paid off for you.  I am striving to get that first ever round in the 60's, maybe it will happen soon or never, but I will keep on grinding.  Thanks for sharing.  

• 4201 points

Awesome story Don.  Keep those low scores coming!  I've been picking up quite a few lessons recently, but lack the time to put in on the range.  I joined a club this year that'll hopefully give me more reason to be on the range and applying what I've learned.  I hope to see my scores drop drastically!  

•  

Congratulations Don!  I appreciate you sharing your story and recent success.  It's great to hear where hard work and a few changes can really make a difference.  Hope you have continued success and many more scores in the 60's!

•  

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all your kind words!

And Pete, the reason for the flatter swing is to get to a more "normal" swing plane. My homemade swing had evolved to the point it was way too upright and over the line. This was making it hard to time on a day to day basis. The compensations I had to make with my old swing to hit the ball, were many. My goal is to make it as simple as possible so that special timing is not necessary for good ball striking.

I did forget to mention that I was still practicing my short game while I was doing the two weeks of just drills. A good short game is very important to good scoring, you can't skimp out on the practice time here!

• 4943 points

Don, great job. I'm still hopeful that I'll get there some day.  I've been working hard and am seeing real progress but always seem to find a way to make a hash of two holes. I'm glad someone has found success! It gives me hope...that it must be the shoes ;)

• 1316 points

Great story, Don. I look forward to hearing more.

•  

Denise Preston

Thanks Denise, great to hear from you again! :-)

• 1316 points

golferdrmjr
    Denise Preston

Thanks Denise, great to hear from you again! :-)

Thanks. Life got crazy, hoping it will start to calm down again.

•  

Great round and story for all of us to see and share. Keep up the outstanding play.

•  

bholley
    Oops look out handicap

Watch out TOUR !!!

Great story Don and can only envy the practice time ... all I can say is that its a much more enjoyable game when you are getting results so keep it going.