Forums

Iron Lady

•  

FYI of Interest....

STEPHANIE SZOSTAK

Profession: Actress in Iron Man 3.

Obsession: Golfing.

When did you start golfing? At age 10. My dad took me to the golf course on the weekends. 
    Experience: I took a year off after high school and played in tournaments all over Europe. 
    Highlight reel: A couple of years ago I was the only female celebrity who participated in the Bob Hope Classic. I played from the men's tee! 
    Favorite courses: The European Club in Ireland, The Royal County Down in Northern Ireland, and my own club—The Saint Andrews Golf Club in New York. 
    I love: My TaylorMade Rossa putter.
    I wish: You could wear golf clothes that looked good but didn't look like you were going to play golf. 
    I used to: Swear in French on the course. Nobody knew what I was saying. 
    Now I say: Golf is just like life. You can be playing great, and then have a terrible hole. You have to forget what went wrong and keep playing. 

BEGINNER'S TIP: "Find a girlfriend to start with you," says Szostak. "It's intimidating when you don't know how to play."

FJ needs to get Stephanie in their shoes.....

• 2038 points

Probably hard to stay stable during transition in those.

• 5542 points

Yes indeed. And to name St.Andrews in Hastings, NY as  one of her favorite courses means the woman can play. That is simply a very challenging course that has left me flummoxed and scratching my head on more than one occasion. Tough greens and some very challenging blind tee shots to narrow fairways...

• 5868 points

girlsgotgolf
    FYI of Interest....

STEPHANIE SZOSTAK

Profession: Actress in Iron Man 3.

Obsession: Golfing.

When did you start golfing? At age 10. My dad took me to the golf course on the weekends. Experience: I took a year off after high school and played in tournaments all over Europe. Highlight reel: A couple of years ago I was the only female celebrity who participated in the Bob Hope Classic. I played from the men's tee! Favorite courses: The European Club in Ireland, The Royal County Down in Northern Ireland, and my own club—The Saint Andrews Golf Club in New York. I love: My TaylorMade Rossa putter.I wish: You could wear golf clothes that looked good but didn't look like you were going to play golf. I used to: Swear in French on the course. Nobody knew what I was saying. Now I say: Golf is just like life. You can be playing great, and then have a terrible hole. You have to forget what went wrong and keep playing. 

BEGINNER'S TIP: "Find a girlfriend to start with you," says Szostak. "It's intimidating when you don't know how to play."

I would play with her.

• 2075 points

MarkWDallasTx
    girlsgotgolfFYI of Interest....

I would play with her.

Umm, yea.......

•  

girlsgotgolf

I think the FJ's would be a little easier to play in than the shoes in the picture.

•  

You guys, your mind goes right to the gutter.

•  

Now, Bob, that's not what Mark meant.  Right, Mark?

•  

I think it would be cool to hear her swear in French on the course.

• 2075 points

NCBob
    You guys, your mind goes right to the gutter.

I am not sure it ever leaves NC

• 4586 points

I wish: You could wear golf clothes that looked good but didn't look like you were going to play golf.

My wife actually says this fairly often.  No matter what she feels like she's going golfing when she gets golf clothes (while in mind I'm thinking "isn't that the point?").

• 3348 points

I wonder how many strokes she would have to give me ? Sounds like she knows how to play a little bit.

•  

I think too many women have the image of pleat-front shorts and ill-fitting polos stuck in their minds, and haven't looked at what's available now in golf fashion. Our shop (Mrs. Golf) is one of several that carries tons of fashionable women's golf wear, and our focus is women's apparel.

Many manufacturers offer golf clothes that you can actually wear to do other things -- every day stuff like work, shopping, school activities, etc. There is still demand in the market for shirts, shorts and skorts, but the fabrics, styles and colors have come a long way. We have a lot of golf dresses! If you want to check out what we have, go to http://www.mrs-golf.com And before you ask, we don't carry FootJoy shoes. We aren't a PGA affiliate member, and when we stock a pro shop, we don't want to compete with our local pros.

Etakmit, I understand where your wife is coming from, but I agree with you -- I enjoy looking like I'm a golfer. But I do wear my outfits pre- and apres-golf. Can't tell you how many times I've gone to the grocery store with my FJ glove still in my back pocket!

• 5868 points

Dallin
    I think it would be cool to hear her swear in French on the course.

Yep

• 5868 points

golfchick
    I think too many women have the image of pleat-front shorts and ill-fitting polos stuck in their minds, and haven't looked at what's available now in golf fashion. Our shop (Mrs. Golf) is one of several that carries tons of fashionable women's golf wear, and our focus is women's apparel.

Many manufacturers offer golf clothes that you can actually wear to do other things -- every day stuff like work, shopping, school activities, etc. There is still demand in the market for shirts, shorts and skorts, but the fabrics, styles and colors have come a long way. We have a lot of golf dresses! If you want to check out what we have, go to http://www.mrs-golf.com And before you ask, we don't carry FootJoy shoes. We aren't a PGA affiliate member, and when we stock a pro shop, we don't want to compete with our local pros.

Etakmit, I understand where your wife is coming from, but I agree with you -- I enjoy looking like I'm a golfer. But I do wear my outfits pre- and apres-golf. Can't tell you how many times I've gone to the grocery store with my FJ glove still in my back pocket!

I like the EP Pro sweaters and the Cutter Buck skorts.