Forums

SPRAINED ANKLE

•  

pulplvr
    Doug, I stubbed my little toe on the left foot last Wednesday morning and played that day.  At the end of the day, I could walk only with serious pain.  Took Thursday off, soaking foot in cold water Wed evening and twice on Thursday.  Had a lesson playing.on on Friday morning and spent two hours on the range, then rode for 9 holes that afternoon.  Foot hurt, but was livable.  Essentially took Saturday off even though I had tickets for the Shell Open, because I had League play Sunday afternoon.  Foot was fine on Sunday.  Bottom line, the rest will do you more good than playing.

TED,,,LOVE YOUR SPIRIT. WHAT DID YOUR WIFE SAY ABOUT IT,,,,,,LOL,LOL,LOL.

• 4180 points

I'd say play.  Then again I routinely sprain and hurt various body parts and I keep on playing (usually when snowboarding or playing volleyball).  As I get a little older the pain persists longer than I'd like.  But I keep on trucking.  Eventually it stops hurting ... right?!

•  

DOGLOSKI
    pulplvrDoug, I stubbed my little toe on the left foot last Wednesday morning and played that day.  At the end of the day, I could walk only with serious pain.  Took Thursday off, soaking foot in cold water Wed evening and twice on Thursday.  Had a lesson playing.on on Friday morning and spent two hours on the range, then rode for 9 holes that afternoon.  Foot hurt, but was livable.  Essentially took Saturday off even though I had tickets for the Shell Open, because I had League play Sunday afternoon.  Foot was fine on Sunday.  Bottom line, the rest will do you more good than playing.

TED,,,LOVE YOUR SPIRIT. WHAT DID YOUR WIFE SAY ABOUT IT,,,,,,LOL,LOL,LOL.

She kept telling me to ice the foot.  She's not big into "I told you so."  Did not impact much other than golf, so not a big deal.  I mean, we had not planned a big dance marathon or a long walking trip or some such.

•  

WELL, OF COURSE, I PLAYED.

NO PROBLEM ON THE COURSE, ACTUALLY PLAYED PRETTY GOOD.

BUT,,,,,THIS MORNING NOT SO GOOD,,,OUCH.

I SUGGEST YOU DON'T PLAY ON A SPRAINED ANKLE,,,,,,,,,,,,HMMM, HAVE A NOON STARTING TIME IN THE MORNING.

WONDER IF I SHOULD PLAY?????????????LOL,LOL,LOL