Forums

What a beautiful day for golf.....

•  

Dirt4900
    But there is a "me" in team!!!

Not really....depends on how you look at it......I will be so glad when the construction on the course is finished.  Tired of playing nine holes twice.  We go elsewhere on day a week but out men's club still plays on Mon, Wed, Friday.  But with this great weather, gotta get out and hit the ball.  Is supposed to be completed by the first week of May and when you play nine and the same nine again you really get bored.  A beautiful day to be out and about......and retired.....  :-)

•  

Talk about a wonderful day for golf.  Teed off at 8:02 this morning at about 48 degrees, with a beautiful clear blue sky and no wind.  Warmed up quickly and shed my fleece, then my FJ sweater vest to play most of the round in shirtsleeves.  Lunch on the deck outside the temporary clubhouse (not my home course) with playing partner.  He's playing a second round this afternoon with two others.  I had to bow out for a doctor's appointment.  No clouds.  Crystal blue sky.  Calm to light winds.  Temps in the 70's.  Sounds almost like San Diego!

•  

pulplvr

Talk about a wonderful day for golf.  Teed off at 8:02 this morning at about 48 degrees, with a beautiful clear blue sky and no wind.  Warmed up quickly and shed my fleece, then my FJ sweater vest to play most of the round in shirtsleeves.  Lunch on the deck outside the temporary clubhouse (not my home course) with playing partner.  He's playing a second round this afternoon with two others.  I had to bow out for a doctor's appointment.  No clouds.  Crystal blue sky.  Calm to light winds.  Temps in the 70's.  Sounds almost like San Diego!

Ted, it was 97* at my house yesterday and 50* this morning. And it's probably going to be something close to that today as it's already 92* right now 12:27. Not normal, as that would be about 70* this time of year. It's nice out, but just too hot for April. Stupid weather!

• 4867 points

MarkWDallasTx
    80 and no wind. I was going to hit balls at lunch...grabbing a quick 9. Good to be me some days.

46 for the front 9. Not a lot of roll fairways and greens are soft after the rain over the weekend. Not bad for not having touched a club since Halloween.

• 2718 points

Today was my first round here in Mass. this Spring. After all the snow and rain we have had I expected wet conditions but  surprisingly the fairways and greens were as good  as normal for this time of year in N.E.  Let the season begin.

•  

Sorry Chuck but there is an "I" in team, and they are are every where too.

Chris found it first. She attracts them.

• 4195 points

Still haven't gotten a single hole of golf in this year!  You guys are killing me.

•  

I'm getting out for the first time tomorrow.  And of course, tomorrow is the only rainy day in the forecast.  Hopefully it holds off enough to get the round in.  But if not, I'll have the FJ rain gear keeping me dry.

•  

80 deg and perfect here today. Will clean the jeep then head to the course.

Plenty of FJ items for all occasionjs.

TT

•  

ChuckZ
    After ordering those new Navy and MyJoys finally got to wear them today.  The ground has been so wet did not want to bring out new shoes.  Its 530pm in Charleston and 85*.  Shot 84 with four birdies and we won all the bets.  Finally got wear my new FJ Navy shorts as well.  What a great day...think we go for it again tomorrow...We seized the moment...

Great stuff Chuck...you'll have to send a pic of the new shoes...

•  

bholley
    Sorry Chuck but there is an "I" in team, and they are are every where too.

Chris found it first. She attracts them.

Bruce, have not had the pleasure of seeing this one......You are bad, you know, I see this one also passed......lol.....chuck....:-)

P.S.  Mondo:  Check out new shoes for 2014....Navy and White contours.....

•  

Had weather in the 80's Fri-Sun.  Today it's a high of 45 with light rain and a freeze warning tonight.  Then climbing back into the 70's the rest of the week.

TT

•  

Played Friday in a rain that went from light and annoying to hard and miserable.  And when the rain started to lighten, the temps dropped and the wind picked up.  Thankfully I was dry and somewhat warm with my FJ rain gear, but it was still miserable.  However, it was better than being at work!  Of course Saturday, Sunday, and today are warm and sunny and I couldn't play any of those days.

•  

that's the way to rock -  wonderful weather here this past weekend also.