Forums

Golf Bag to Carry

•  

golffreak91
    I'm looking for some help with this also, I have a callaway staff bag now which I like a lot. But as you all know it is too heavy and not carry friendly so my question is should I go with the waterproof titleist bag or lightweight stand bag? I'm looking for overall carry and cart play and whether or not it is affected by rain

This is something worth looking into.  You can also have your name put on the bag at the factory when ordering it through the proshop.  

The Ultra Lightweight Stand Bag. Weighing only 4.0 lbs., it has all the features of a larger stand bag design. Full apparel and ball pockets, double strap, beverage sleeve and a broad foot stand mechanism make this bag the perfect choice for the serious walker. All Titleist® golf bags easily fit in the well of motorized golf carts.

• 237 points

Ok so what is the difference between the ultra lightweight and the lightweight? Also someone said something about rain being a factor?

•  

What I might suggest is going to the site and checking out their selection of bags.  The lightweight weights 1.2 lbs more and the top of the bag differs.  But again here is the site where you can check out their entire collection.  I think you will be happy with what Titleist has to offer.  I have two of their bags and I am very pleased.  I have a cart bag and an Ultra Lightweight...I carry a large FJ umbrella.....when there is a chance of rain, I always have ziplock baggie in my golf bag to protect my valuables, balls, gloves and such.....can't be too overprotective......good luck......  

www.titleist.com/accessories/stand-bags/carry-bag.aspx

•  

The waterproof issue came up a couple of times and I wanted to get an opinion from anybody with experience.  I have a lightweight stand bag and it is awesome, would not change a thing... except when it rains.  The material on the bag tends to get wet really quickly and soaks through.  This especially becomes an issue when you are walking in rainy conditions.  NCBob mentioned the StaDry bag as an option.  The StaDry bag is a touch lighter than the lightweight stand bag and is waterproof as well.  Has anybody had experience with the StaDry?

• 237 points

Ok thanks ChuckZ I will definitely check them out I was just curious like Mike_C about whether the stadry is worth it and still offers as much cargo room?

•  

Mike_C

The waterproof issue came up a couple of times and I wanted to get an opinion from anybody with experience.  I have a lightweight stand bag and it is awesome, would not change a thing... except when it rains.  The material on the bag tends to get wet really quickly and soaks through.  This especially becomes an issue when you are walking in rainy conditions.  NCBob mentioned the StaDry bag as an option.  The StaDry bag is a touch lighter than the lightweight stand bag and is waterproof as well.  Has anybody had experience with the StaDry?

Depends on where you live and how much you play  in the rain. I live in Oregon and play in the rain a lot, one of my playing buddies uses the staydry bad and it has as much cargo roam as you should need from any other carry bag. He has a white staydry bag and it's still pretty white after a year and this guy plays everyday.

• 237 points

What about the difference between the stadry and stadry premier? I was wondering what the main differences are because I couldn't tell much difference on the site. Thanks RandyWildMan that helps a lot

•  

RANDYWILDMAN
    Depends on where you live and how much you play  in the rain. I live in Oregon and play in the rain a lot, one of my playing buddies uses the staydry bad and it has as much cargo roam as you should need from any other carry bag. He has a white staydry bag and it's still pretty white after a year and this guy plays everyday.

Thanks Randy, it doesn't rain a lot when we play down here in Texas, but some of the places I travel and play golf tend to have a lot of rain.  It always seems my bag is soaked after walking in rainy conditions.  Have been considering the StaDry as an option for a travel bag when I go places that are more likely to receive a lot of rain.  Glad to hear that the bag stays pretty clean after a year of use... that is always a concern for a bag with a lot of white.

•  

I'll suck it up and put a couple extra pounds on my back but I just got myself as a belated birthday gift the Titleist Staff Carry bag...what a great bag!!!!!

•  

Mike_C

Mikey --- you can always use a waterproof spray...I'm partial to Rust-Oleum Stops Rust  NeverWet Multi-Purpose Spray Kit...its a 2 step spray but works great...I've used it on my Dry Joy windshirts to increase their water repellant protection...