Forums

Keegan Bradley --Michael Jordan branded

• 4852 points

Tar Heel
    Like the Greg Norman Collection, the Jordan brand has shown remarkable resiliency and even growth long after the player has left the competitive side of the game. Really shows the power of building a solid brand, but also aligning that brand with quality merchandise. If it was junk it wouldn't be around still. Might not be our tastes, but it still rings the cash register.

Look at Jack's Golden Bear and Arnold's product lines. They don't sell much but they hang around.

•  

Norman is an amazing business man and he spends a lot of time monitoring his enterprises.  That being said like Jack and Arnie he has made  some huge business errors but the icons end up surviving.  Jordan on the other hand lends his name and collects the checks.

• 5052 points

NCBob
    Norman is an amazing business man and he spends a lot of time monitoring his enterprises.  That being said like Jack and Arnie he has made  some huge business errors but the icons end up surviving.  Jordan on the other hand lends his name and collects the checks.

Very true NCBob! I have played St.Andrews in Westchester County, NY many times. Jack Nicklaus hada hand in redeisning this course at one point, but the upscale condo community built around a portion of the cost came within a whisker of bankrupting Mr.Nicklaus. Nothing like an over-budget project opening just in time for a real estate recession!

•  

excuse me, while I go vomit.

• 503 points

Flash in the pan.

WW