Forums

It's been a good week

• 4180 points

Started off with a productive golf lesson last weekend.  Then found out my job is giving us two more personal days every year to use.

Hit my one year anniversary here at the FJC and just recently reached gold status.

The FJC is a great place and I'm glad I found this little corner of the internet just over a year ago.

• 1869 points

Nice!   Keep building on that lesson and congrats with the 2 extra days and gold status.   Def a great place here, wish I would've known about it years ago instead of just last year.  

• 2474 points

well done etakmit.  wonder what those two extra days will be used for?   Golf maybe?

• 1718 points

Congratulations on both fronts.  Hope the lessons work out well for you.  I'm going through much the same.  Given the terrible weather lately, it's been hard to translate the lessons into productive golf with lacking the ability to practice for the most part.

• 4758 points

Congrats on the milestone achievements. Two additional personal days very nice; gives you a little more time to implement what you have learned in your lessons.

•  

Congratulations on hitting those milestones and I could not agree more with your comments on the FJC.  After being tipped off by Freddy, Ted and Dallin last fall, I have found this to be a great group of individuals who are just as passionate as I am!

• 4180 points

kmcmellen
    Congratulations on both fronts.  Hope the lessons work out well for you.  I'm going through much the same.  Given the terrible weather lately, it's been hard to translate the lessons into productive golf with lacking the ability to practice for the most part.

My regular instructor finally picked himself up a trackman and then was able to setup indoors this winter.  The wife and I have been visiting him once a week (we alternate weeks generally).

I had gotten REAL steep near the end of last year and it's nice to see the changes on the trackman (when you can't necessarily see the full ballflight).  I'm just hoping we thaw out soon.  Before last season I had decided I was truly making a run at actually playing golf (prior I was 10000% recreational - no real goal at improving).  I dropped a few points in my handicap last summer.  This year I plan to drop many more.

My wife's game is shaping up too.  Her attitude starts with her tee shot.  If she blocks that right (which is most of the time) it ruins her whole mental approach to the hole.  So her instruction has been working on that.  I'm hoping it continues to go well!

The personal days, I'll admit to nothing about their planned use (you never know who's listening!!)  :-)

I'm hoping to participate in a tournament or two (just minor local ones, more on the fun side) just to get into it.  I hesitate only because my rules knowledge is lacking.  So I'm working on that too (would you imagine that I don't truly know all of the drop rules or relief rules).

• 1962 points

Sond's like a great week. Congrats on hitting gold and the 2 extra days off!!!!!!!!!

•  

Play the lottery haha keep on posting!

•  

etakmit
    Started off with a productive golf lesson last weekend.  Then found out my job is giving us two more personal days every year to use.

Hit my one year anniversary here at the FJC and just recently reached gold status.

The FJC is a great place and I'm glad I found this little corner of the internet just over a year ago.

Congrats...you've added alot to the community and you're getting closer to Ambassador status...keep up the great comments