Forums

First day out....... Not good!

• 1869 points

Well the weather finally hit 55 today and I found a course that is open for play.   Smoking the driver but my irons, not good!    A word that starts with an S that I do not like saying.  Distances still a bit off too.  Have a few things to work out with the new 714's!!   But hey, at least my feet felt great at the end!!   I hardly ever walk, and walked 22 today.   Thank you DNA's!!!

• 1716 points

Better days ahead.

• 1652 points

It gets much better after the first day.  I do not know of that word that starts with S, but I am sure it is due to rust caused by a long winter layoff.  I have been out a few times this Spring and have found it is coming around nicely.  Was practicing last night, when one of the professionals I work with came up and noticed my alignment was off.  I had shoulders going one way and rest of me another.  Got it fixed out and ball was flying to the moon real fast.  Just enjoy your warm weather and start to the spring season.  

•  

At least you were able to get out and play.  I always believe that a bad day on the golf course is much better than not being out there at all!  I'm sure the game will come back around as you shake the rust off a bit.  Heading out for a game this afternoon... supposed to be up to 78 degrees today!

•  

I feel for the guys up yonder having to shake off all of that rust. You just want to get out there, swing hard, nail the ball then, watch the "hosel rocket" leave the course. It'll get better quickly Dirt!

•  

I'm still waiting for that day...  My indoor putting is lights out with 4 months of practice

•  

joshgiano
    I'm still waiting for that day...  My indoor putting is lights out with 4 months of practice

Me too.  Another arctic blast coming next week more snow.  I've had it with winter.  I feel like I live in Canada....

• 1869 points

fredcloss
    I feel for the guys up yonder having to shake off all of that rust. You just want to get out there, swing hard, nail the ball then, watch the "hosel rocket" leave the course. It'll get better quickly Dirt!

I know it will..   Just amazes me cause I was in Arizona 2 weeks ago and shot amazing!   Oh well, still better than work!

•  

If you played in Arizona two weeks ago, Dirt, how was the round you discuss here your first outing for the year?  I know, first day out at home (smile).

• 4201 points

Certainly no chance to play up here yet!  I've been taking some indoor lessons (as I mentioned in another thread) but no matter how much I practice, until I'm on the course I'm never quite sure how that first round is going to go!

• 1869 points

pulplvr
    If you played in Arizona two weeks ago, Dirt, how was the round you discuss here your first outing for the year?  I know, first day out at home (smile).

I knew someone was going to catch me on that!!    But yes, first round at home...

•  

This is the longest winter I can remember up north!!!

•  

It will get better we are all coming off a rough winter

•  

Managed to get out today.  Started in the 30's got to the 50's. Windy,  20 to 30 all day.  Overall pleased with the ball striking,  can't put on any greens here this time of year!

• 2718 points

Bad News/Good News. Bad News is we MIGHT have a Noreaster here in R.I. on Tues./Weds.  The Good  News is that by the end of the week day time temps will be in the 50's.  DNA's are ready for a tryout by next week.