Forums

Sunglasses recommendations

• 4934 points

I have been a huge fan of Maui Jim sunglasses for years. I like the flexible hinge.

I broke my latest pair spelunking in a cave with my kids. I did not expect them to be willing go through the cave, or I would have left them with my wife at the entrance. I put them in my pocket and got stuck in a very tight shute and broke my Mauis getting unstuck. I am now in the market for a new pair of sunglasses and thought I might try something different.

Can you recommend a manufacturer?

• 4201 points

I've always been an Oakley fan.  I tried some highly recommended Tifosi's next year but they weren't for me (the fit wasn't great and I thought the optical quality wasn't great IMO).

I want to give Maui Jim's a try though.

•  

I prefer the Oakley's or Revo's.  I like to wear them during the round, but I always take them off when I take a shot or put.  I know RockBottom Golf also has a connection to their sunglasses web-site.  You may want to give it a try.

www.rockbottomsunglasses.com

Good luck.  

•  

Can't go wrong with Maui J or Oakleys..

• 5064 points

Oakley always deserves consideration.Seemingly endless frame options and excellent lenses. I used to do a lot of competitive sailboat racing and popular brands we used were Revo and Vuarnet. I also love RayBans..Maui Jims? Love their styles and obviously aa heritage born on the water so lenses are excellent. Hard to go wrong buying another pair!

• 276 points

I will only use Oakley's.

•  

I have done some research on this earlier this year.  I arrived for my situation and preferences at Oakley's with G35 lenses.  I did not go for polarized since it took away a few highlights on greens etc... FWIW...good luck!

• 1759 points

If you already are used to Maui Jims, stick with 'em.  They're like FJ.  They're the best, in my opinion, don't settle for less.  

•  

In my experience, I must say Maui's have the best lenses, just my non official take on the subject!

•  

I use the Oakley Flak Jacket with G Series lenses. Have used a couple different types (M Frame) for a while, but I need my prescription optics since I cannot wear contacts. The Oakley prescription program worked well for me.

And the lenses, IMO, are top notch!

•  

Chris92009
    I have done some research on this earlier this year.  I arrived for my situation and preferences at Oakley's with G35 lenses.  I did not go for polarized since it took away a few highlights on greens etc... FWIW...good luck!

I'd agree with this.  I've used Oakley's for years and even have a pair of Oakley goggles for snowboarding.  You really can't go wrong with all of their different lens and frame varieties!

•  

Based on experience with a lot of different sunglasses, I think the Maui Jim's are some of the best.  As far as the lenses are concerned, my eye doctor said that they are the only sunglasses she recommends.

• 1652 points

I only wear Oakley's since they offer a prescription option with most all frames they offer.  

•  

I like Peak Vision.  Their prescription lenses are great and the dual zone feature is hard to beat.

•  

It's Oakley for me.