Forums

sm5

• 2321 points

Lookin good Devin!!!  I picked up the 54.10 Black Nickel S Grind recently and love it.  Need to get a 58 to match.  

•  

Played them yesterday after work, I really like the distance of the 50.  Hit it about 120 stock, but can pump it 125 if I have to.  I have struggled with those two numbers since I started here so I am happy to have them back!  Did not hit the 54 once and had two really solid up and downs with the 60.  The second was downhill the whole way and I hit a nice open faced flop right on the money to about 3 feet.

•  

What shaft/flex you go with?

•  

TNT009
    What shaft/flex you go with?

Project X 6.0, just wanted to go a little softer than the 6.5's in my irons.

•  

I'm also happy with the consistency in yardage with these wedges. Even with slight toe misses (yes, this does happen) the yardage doesn't change much.

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    TNT009What shaft/flex you go with? Project X 6.0, just wanted to go a little softer than the 6.5's in my irons.

That seems to be the trend with wedges..

•  

The DG S200's are nice.  I might tinker with KBS in my wedges again.

TT

•  

Nice wedges Devin !

•  

I went to a Titleist Test Event in my community on May 9th and tested the SM5s and ordered a new 56.10 S grind.  It arrived yesterday and took to the course today.  Found that the main differences are:  It is a little heavier than the SM4 and it is dead on target.  Best wedge that I have ever hit.  It is the exact set up as my SM4 but the difference in performance is like night and day.  Had five birdies at the course today and three of them were because of the new wedge.  It was great out of the sand and from the fairway.  Titleist has hit a homerun with this club.  

• 5683 points

Now THAT'S a testimonial. Whipped cream on top of the sundaes of current users and their positive comments.. Have to take a small drive down the street to my local golf shop...THANKS Chuck!

• 2321 points

I agree Chuck my 54 did feel heavier but works great.  I need the 5 birdies next time I put it in play at the TT Ohio event on Friday at TPC Riversbend!

•  

Chuck...i think at least one of those birdies was attributable to your FJ attire.

•  

Five birdies???  Nice round.  Looks like the SM5's were a good addition to your bag!  

• 1018 points

I've been lusting after these since December.  May be time to act.  Am heading over to a demo day event tomorrow with credit card in hand.  

• 1458 points

these wedges are awesome. I just a new set (50*,54*, and a 58*) at demo day and man are they are, well, awesome!