Forums

2014 Community Only : Limited Edition MyJoys Sweepstakes!

• 103 points

Consistency is key for me - the more I play and stay in a groove, the better I do. So I just plan to get out MORE!

• 28 points

I just received my new set of AP1 irons.  These are the best irons ever!  Where have they been all my life?  Thank you Titleist!  I can't wait for my course to open and I can get out there and hit them for real.

• 6 points

I will practice better and play better in new  FJ golf shoes.  Jay

• 9 points

Have not picked-up a club since Nov. 15 last season. Simply put, will practice with a PW and a 7-iron (at the range) until my timing is back and my swing feels smooth and fluid.

• 121 points

In order to play better golf in 2014, my plan is simply to play more golf!

• 303 points

Playing with my eight grandsons.  One is on his high school team and the others (12 to 5 years old) will keep my game calm and relaxing.  I currently play in four weekday leagues three of which are very competitive.  Taking the boys out will allow me to not only spend quality time with them but will allow me the opportunity to refine my short game in a relatively stress free environment and have FUN.

Aslo walking more than riding to build up my stamina and enjoy the surroundings in a more leisurely manner.

• 3 points

Short game

• 3 points

The only way to go. Practice short game more.

• 203 points

I'm doing more weight and flexibility training. The loss of flexibility is the No. 1 restriction to a fluid swing and believe it or not, the loss of strength adversely affects the ability to control the club with power and finesse.

• 106 points

Working with a golf professional on a new swing which caused hip muscle injuries - no pain no gain:)

• 3 points

I will be visiting the practice green working on my putting 5 afternoons a week to improve my putting.

• 217 points

I plan to work on my putting stroke by getting some videos from pros who putt well.

• 206 points

I PLAN TO SPEND MORE TIME ON THE PUTTING GREEN!!!!  THATS WHERE I NEED IT!

• 293 points

Joining 2nd league to bring the total of GOLF days to 4

• 213 points

Devin_Gmitter

With the golf season rapidly approaching; maybe wishful thinking for those up North, FJ wants to offer you a chance to lace up a pair of Limited Edition MyJoys for the start of your golf season!

Every year, golfers across country have the common goal of playing better golf! We want to know what you are going to do differently to accomplish this goal in 2014. It could be practice more, enjoying yourself a bit more on the course, more exercise, a better attitude; whatever you think will make you a better player, we want to know what it is!

How do you enter? Simply reply to this thread and tell us your plan to play better this 2014 season!

IF YOUR POST DOES NOT MATCH THIS CRITERIA IT WILL BE DELETED AND YOUR ENTRY WILL BE VOIDED.

Two winners will be randomly selected on 3/12/14 and they may choose any Augusta Inspired MyJoys golf shoe.

REMINDER : To enter you must have a community profile. If you do not have one, click here to register for the FJ Community - http://www.footjoy.com/myaccount/register.asp

Deadline for entry is 12:00 pm ET on 3/14/14.  Void where prohibited. Open to US residents 18 years or older.  For additional rules and regulations click here.

POSTS ALSO GO THROUGH A HUMAN MODERATOR, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT WHEN WAITING FOR YOUR POST TO APPEAR. 

DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THIS FORUM THREAD, YOU WILL RECEIVE HUNDREDS OF EMAILS IF YOU DO!

I'm spending time daily working on my chipping and putting. To quote  or paraphrase Tom Lehnan, "I couldn't chip the ball into the ocean"!