Forums

2014 Community Only : Limited Edition MyJoys Sweepstakes!

• 6 points

1. Have Fun 2. Exercise 3. Hit Greens and make putts.
  •  

Here is Allen Iverson's take on your plan Bruce: "If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game last it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

• 2769 points

Just taking a few lessons and learning to  "chill" and enjoy the game.

• 886 points

Going to try to walk more in hopes of dropping few in the middle. Hoping the new DNAs will be the perfect shoe for the endeavor.

•  

I have entered the Texas Golf Association's South Texas Senior Amateur (super senior division) next month and am setting up a program with my golf instructor to prepare for the tournament.  We will work on chipping, pitching, bunker shots, and putting to fine tune those aspects of my game to get me ready.  I am also participating on my club's team in the State League play this spring to increase my play in tournament conditions.  Once my coach and I determine specific issues to work on, I will practice them both on the range/practice area and in actual play to try to ingrain them in my mental and physical routines.  Bring it on, 2014!

• 328 points

This season has begun with a regular fitness schedule including strength, aerobic and flexibility.

Swing changes have been explored with an instructor and will be a focus of my game,

(when the snow settles in the NE)

Continuing to enjoy and celebrate every time I get to tee it up!

• 1676 points

I am going to work on all aspects of my game, and hope they work to lower my index.  Also have a workout/flexibility routine to work with to improve movement, since I am not getting any younger.  Lastly, I am going to just go play and put what I am working on to good use.  No getting mad after a poor shot, just playing and improving.  Good luck to everybody, saw some good plans in this thread.

•  

Putt less.  

• 1567 points

My plan is to work hard on short game and improve flexibility and strength through a fitness program.  Of course a new pair of DNAs might also find its way into my plan - I'm sure I will play better with those!!   Thanks Footjoy 

• 5261 points

Iverson for President. With that kind of logic, our global opponents would put their tails between their legs and run home!! Iverson for world peace...Line of the thread Tyler...

• 5130 points

This is great question regardless of the prize. I recall a research study that indicated that writing down your goals significantly increases the chances of achieving them!  Now what were my goal ;)

1)  Practice better breathing during pressure situations

2) Play more than practice (last year, I practiced more than I played)

3) Stay engaged the whole round

• 1988 points

Better lag putting!!!   Old Mr. 3 waggle kills me!!

• 2583 points

This year in an effort to improve my game I am looking to do several things -

1) using the information from Titleist Performance Institute I plan to improve my strength and flexibility and increase my length from the tee.  

2) practice my short game on our clubs new short game range

3) eliminate 3 putts thru better distance control but also improve my putting from 3-8 feet

4) while I play a Titleist ProVI when a ball fitting comes to my area see if that is the ball for me as opposed to say the NXT line - both for around the green but also for distance off the tee.

5) take some lessons with my PGA professional as a refresher to make sure I start the season off correctly

and if I am fortunate enough to win this sweepstakes hopefully I will be able to wear the new shoes when I play Pinehurst prior to the US Opens.  I may need suggestions from the community on the rest of my outfit for the new shoes.  

•  

A little more practice for me - but the real way to play better - increase the number of ICONs in the collection.

•  

Whew! Where to start? One can never practice the short game enough but is one ever truly happy with their full swing? I'm not! Still, the full swing modifications are simple so, I plan to practice the short game abundantly: 1) Putt 50, 5 foot putts ever day at home on my putting mat. 2) Chips and pitches for an hour, at least twice a week.